cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 201 of 256

Re: ANOTHER above inflation price increase from BT.

@ conrad. Will give it a go. My contract for calls and broadband ends in June so I have a bit of bargaining power. Are you going to pay the £6.50 a month for unlimited calls?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 202 of 256

Yes I will be paying the £6.50 - in my previous discussions over the £8 bb the offer was £6.20 for anytime calls and as the cheap deals don't include calling plans I am ok in paying the £6.50 with the £5.00 bb.

Even though I don't make loads of calls each month it is cheaper to have the unlimited calls package.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 203 of 256

I too was rather annoyed when I first got the price increase email. However in the end I got a better deal!

I took the offer in the email which gives me Infinity 1 for £10. I then purchased Line Rental Saver to lock into the old rental price and gain a 10% discount. My contract switched today and I am now getting 51 Mbps download.

So my downloads are faster and I am paying £5 less than before. So from my point of view this "price rise" has only saved me money and given BT bad publicity.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 204 of 256

I got the 52mbps at the same price, saved £1 on the TV and had £1 increase on the broadband
Effectively nothing happened and saved £1 per month until july 3rd
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 205 of 256

I got my price notification email over the weekend - oddly despite being on BT Infinity 1 though the line being capable of more - no reference at all was made of any forthcoming speed upgrade to 55MB - only increased cloud storage, Netprotect Plus and faster fault fixing from 3rd July.

I would have expected to receive notice that my line was being automatically upgraded to the faster 55mb tier as a big added benefit in the email..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 206 of 256

hi

I got my notification as well over the weekend. Mine has even less their yours in so far as all I was told was better protection against nuisance calls and more calls would be answered by UK staff. Nothing about the points you have mentioned.

Basically not alot about my broadband account at all.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 207 of 256

@conrad. Managed to get unlimited broadband for £5/month (12 month contract). Really chuffed as I was paying £9.45/month for 10GB. Also unlimited calls for £6.50/month from 3rd July (currently paying £5.65/month). Thanks for your advice. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 208 of 256

@davidmridge61 wrote:

@conrad. Managed to get unlimited broadband for £5/month (12 month contract). Really chuffed as I was paying £9.45/month for 10GB. Also unlimited calls for £6.50/month from 3rd July (currently paying £5.65/month). Thanks for your advice. 

@davidmridge61 Well done - saw your HH4 fiasco on your other post and am surprised that you didn't get an email about the alledged recontracting.

Do you have free caller id at all as you may have to recontract that to get it in synch - you may have to do it as soon as your order clears.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 209 of 256

@ conrad Synched my caller display contract last June and asked that he does it again with this contract. Haven't received my re contracting e-mail following my Telecon at 2pm. Will chase tomorrow if not received. I always keep them for my 'records'. 'My BT' now says I have unlimited broadband and the usage monitor is no longer active. Never had unlimited broadband before......
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 210 of 256

Got my email while I was still on the phone .  You will find next year that your free caller id will have started today rather than the desired recontract date - is some quirk in the system. Happened to me last year when I recontracted for the 12th June but contacted options team on the 1st which is when the free id was triggered.

0 Ratings