cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 241 of 256

Price increases

Totally awful,i joined BT after months of consideration,especially as they not cheap,and what happens?

6 weeks into my 12 month CONTRACT,they increase prices.

There advertising is false,i have emailed and emailed all i get is PHONE to get a better deal..

I am deaf,i struggled for 30 mins with the phone with anxiety building up and up.

untill i could no longer continue.

all BT then say is get family to phone for you?

i DONT have family nor do i have friends willing to phone BT for 1 hr to get things sorted.

Because (unlike BT) i honour my contracts,plus i hate changing,i will honour this yrs contract then i will leave,

and will make sure anyone i know,never joins

feeling very RIPPED OFF

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 242 of 256

Re: Price increases

Help, I recently renewed my but contract as I called and discussed options. The person on the call offered £6 per month savings against my existing bill.

When my first bill came through it was significantly higher than before so I made contact via livechat, they confirmed the charges were wrong but could not sort, so I needed to call. Frustrated that I had to go through it all again I called bt, I was told I was simply lying and that the charges were right, nice customer service! So I reverted to email, in reply I got a voicemail that said they have looked and the charges are right. Why would I sign a brand new contract and increase charges from £41.15 in August 15 to over £55 and renewing before I needed to?

I have run out of options and amazed I am not able to contact any one but must continue to be told I am in the wrong, any clues appreciated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 243 of 256

Hi @karl1972 and welcome.

I'm really sorry you're having poblems with the account. I'm sure I can help you with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 244 of 256

I must say that the worst part of this is that every other TV ad theee days seems to be about BTs biggest ever sale. So hook people in then increase the price almost immediately.  Really shady.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 245 of 256

Hi All!,

Just had my latest BT Bill, i pay quarterly in advance, so the latest bill takes me from 4 June - 3 Sept, i know price increases are starting next month but my bill shows no increases. Unlimited Broadband and calls is the same, as is BT Sport on Sky, i have been a BT customer for many years so have no deals anymore for these packages and pay full price, but i thought it odd that i do not see the increases in my bill?  I was wondering, as i pay in advance, will these couple of months price changes be added on to my next bill in September? So, as well as paying from Sept-Dec, i will also have to pay for the increases not put onto my current bill?     (if you see what i mean, sorry in advance to be so long winded about this!)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 246 of 256

Re: ANOTHER above inflation price increase from BT.

Yes they will back date the increase on your next bill. You should phone BT 0800.800.030 and negotiate a better deal for your package. It will mean a 12month contract but maybe worth it.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 247 of 256

Thanks, will do!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 248 of 256

Done as you said gg30340, got through it seems to their indian call centre, bit of a chore as we both were having difficulty understanding what we were saying to each other! It was confirmed to me that the increases in price would be added to my next bill in september, asked about any promotions available to me (as i do with Sky TV all the time), sadly nothing forthcoming, unless i signed up to BT TV, which i do not want to do at the moment, nevermind worth a go, might wait and give another call some other time to see if there is any UK based people available to speak to.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 249 of 256

The customer options team are in the UK. Try phoning 150 and when prompted say Cancel Broadband. That ought to get you through to the correct source .

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 250 of 256

Thanks all for the advice!

0 Ratings