cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 231 of 256

Re: ANOTHER above inflation price increase from BT.

@gg30340  As I understand the card offers are part of the BT offer whilst the cashback are part of the cashback site offer. Does seem the cashback sites are failing to pursue the claims by their members/account holders.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 232 of 256

@zulu17 wrote:

@gg30340  As I understand the card offers are part of the BT offer whilst the cashback are part of the cashback site offer. Does seem the cashback sites are failing to pursue the claims by their members/account holders.

That may well be the case but it has nothing to do with starting a contract with BT then sometime later re-negotiating that contract.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 233 of 256

Thank for the replies guys and yes all very valid points.
Yes I do believe that it is a renegotiation and they should honour the cashback as it was an incentive to sign up but my worry is behind the scenes and how the system sees the new contract with regards to the cashback.
Saving £1 extra a month with the potential of losing out on £135 cashback is an easy choice to make but it's just annoying having to deal with the rise while the cashback takes so long to be confirmed.

While you contact BT they can't speed up the process until a long time after it should have been processed by Quidco and by looking at a lot of posts here, people are having lots of trouble with their cashback and having to get moderators to chase up declined or delayed cashback.
The majority of people signing up won't find their way here to get a moderator to sort it out and will try endless calls to BT to no avail. They all end up saying its Quidco's problem and they have nothing to do with cashback, so it doesn't give me any faith that the system will work.
I'm sure if I did opt for the offer my cashback will have trouble confirming and it'll be a long process to get it sorted, although the I believe it could be handled by moderators here I don't really want to go through the hassle.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 234 of 256

The choice is yours to make. I would imagine that the moderators won't become involved in a "what if " scenario. They will only become involved if there is a problem and if they can resolve it they will.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 235 of 256

@gg30340 wrote:

The choice is yours to make. I would imagine that the moderators won't become involved in a "what if " scenario. They will only become involved if there is a problem and if they can resolve it they will.

Thanks for all your time and help, I know you're right but having already gone through some trouble with installation I don't think I want to go through with the hassle again for this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 236 of 256

I think it is reasonable to expect BT assistance in cases where BT cancels and results in  the order being resubmitted  without the customer requesting it.. Where the order remains unchanged but has been completed I think it is reasonable for the customer to expect the cashback site to have  the responsibility to resolve once they are notified. If the customer modifies or changes their original order processed thru the cashback site before it is tracked and completed then it is always possible that the original cashback may be at risk.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 237 of 256

But the poster is not changing his order. The order is completed. He has a working broadband connection.As I have repeatedly said they can not refuse to pay out. He was getting the cashback because he was a new customer. That has not changed. 

Could somebody who disagrees please explain on what legal grounds can they refuse to pay out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 238 of 256

I don't think anyone is suggesting BT would refuse to pay out. We are just saying that specific cashback offers are linked to specific BT packages / contract types. Changing package / contract before the BT and Quidco computerised systems have fully completed processing the claim could possibly cause an issue.

It might well all go through ok. I'm not saying it wouldn't but equally it wouldn't surprise me at all if it caused an issue.

As the OP said he was hoping a moderator could give a definite answer from BT. Quidco have suggested the safest way is to not change anything until the claim is processed and authorised.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 239 of 256

I placed an order at the beginning of April for total entertainment with infinity 1. It went live 30 April through to 5 May as that's when tv went live after failed install. 

I've not had any emails or letters about the price rise and 30 days until it is supposed to come into effect is any day now. Is that normal? 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 240 of 256

I recieved the letter yesterday and was rather annoyed at first. But it did include a link to an offer supposedly tailored just for me, and by resigning an 18 month contract I will not see any increase come the price rise thanks to an offer they gave me on Infinity 2.

An 18 month renewal was a little annoying, but I do have to admit that since swapping to BT from VM for my broadband, I have been more than happy with the service.
0 Ratings