cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickmorc
Aspiring Expert
Message 71 of 256

Re: ANOTHER above inflation price increase from BT.

@zulu17 wrote:

@nickmorc wrote:

Are you able to cancel just a part of the service if you wanted too, without penalty ?

For example, if you wanted to remove anytime calls or the Tv Package.

Many Thanks

I would imagine that as BT Broadband , BT Sport and BT TV have their own terms and conditions that you could be justified in cancelling them alone. However as they may have dependencies on each other (ie you need broadand for the BT TV box services  etc) or you may be receiving one service at a discounted price  (even free ) because you have another service (so cancelling one could trigger the loss of the discount on the other).  To the best of my knowledge and looking at BT tariff guides BtT appears to have both BT Broadband with call packages and Bt broadband with seperate call bundles that call be added on so whether you can cease your anytime calls and retain your existing broadband package may depend on what deal you took with BT.

Many Thanks for your reply.

0 Ratings
unhappychappy2
Beginner
Message 72 of 256

They wheel you in for one price then hike the prices up when they feel like it. DISGRACEFUL

unhappychappy2
Beginner
Message 73 of 256

Another one for watchdog. when will you learn BT

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 74 of 256

@unhappychappy2 wrote:

Another one for watchdog. when will you learn BT

Unfortunately BT can legally increase the cost of the contract and you agreed to this when you agreed to the Terms and Conditions of the contract when you signed up to BT.

When you read the Terms and Conditions prior to agreeing to them you would have seen in paragraphs 53 & 54 that they stated they could do it and what you could do about it if it did happen.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/static/terms/pre3rdjuly2016.html

This is pretty much the same with all ISP and mobile phone companies and as long as they allow you to terminate your contract they are doing noting wrong and agreeing with Ofcom ruling. 

0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 75 of 256

My current contract for broadband and calls ends on 25th June so I can leave anyway. Going to move to Plusnet, Sky, SSE or the Post OfficecShame really as I been with BT and found the Wifi really useful. Will also miss BT Sport but enough is enough. Why does the line rental have to increase by exactly £1 every year? Have you noticed that all other providers offer unlimited broadband as standard whereas I am limited to 10gbs.
0 Ratings
davepa
Contributor
Message 76 of 256

@unhappychappy2

Totally agree.

I'll also be moving the sooner the better 

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 77 of 256

0 Ratings
unhappychappy2
Beginner
Message 78 of 256

They do the deal before sendind the T&C's thats if they send them at all 

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 79 of 256

@unhappychappy2 wrote:

They do the deal before sendind the T&C's thats if they send them at all 

The Terms and Conditions are freely available online before you buy a package and can be found at the foot of the page where you bought your package and can be read before you sign up to any contract. That is of course if you can be bothered to read them before agreeing to the contract. The following is also on the page where the packages are sold.

Important information

The legal stuff

We may change any prices and terms during your contract. If this affects you, we'll tell you about important changes in advance, and you'll be able to end your contract without any fees.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 80 of 256

The T&C's can be viewed on line as message 74 of this thread shows
0 Ratings