cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dannydavey1
Message 2 of 5

APPAULLING BT!!!

hi my names danny i'm 21, disabled so i'm wheelchair bound. i moved into my own place in october last year, i applied for a bt package straight away, first thing was bt cancelled original installation date which was mid november to the 1st of december. from then it was installed fine but BB was slow downloading at 0.34 mbps and uploading at 0.45 mbps. gave bt a call they said it will gradually build up speed in the next couple days, however 2 weeks later it was still exactly the same. 4 months and 4 engineers later it's still the same 3 engineers told me it was an outside line problem and 1 said it was my house wiring problem which the builder weren't to happy about. im still paying for pretty much for no services promised i.e movies because BB is still slow which comes to £54 a month roughly and being disabled not able to work i think is too much to pay as my money is scarce. and just this week i was billed £108 for making internet phone calls on skype which i don't even use not forgetting the fact that at the time the calls were made i was on holiday!!! it's gotten to the point for me where i've had enough of bt i'm currently using my next door neighbours BB because he's getting a fantastic service of 50 mbps from a much much more reliable company VIRGIN.

at this current time i've switched all my bt stuff off and unplugged it because it's that frustrating, i'm even going to start a campaign against bt so if anyone out there is in the same boat please please help me out thank you

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
dannydavey1
Message 1 of 5

Forget slow BB this is insane

hi my names danny i'm 21, disabled so i'm wheelchair bound. i moved into my own place in october last year, i applied for a bt package straight away, first thing was bt cancelled original installation date which was mid november to the 1st of december. from then it was installed fine but BB was slow downloading at 0.34 mbps and uploading at 0.45 mbps. gave bt a call they said it will gradually build up speed in the next couple days, however 2 weeks later it was still exactly the same. 4 months and 4 engineers later it's still the same 3 engineers told me it was an outside line problem and 1 said it was my house wiring problem which the builder weren't to happy about. im still paying for pretty much for no services promised i.e movies because BB is still slow which comes to £54 a month roughly and being disabled not able to work i think is too much to pay as my money is scarce. and just this week i was billed £108 for making internet phone calls on skype which i don't even use not forgetting the fact that at the time the calls were made i was on holiday!!! it's gotten to the point for me where i've had enough of bt i'm currently using my next door neighbours BB because he's getting a fantastic service of 50 mbps from a much much more reliable company VIRGIN.

at this current time i've switched all my bt stuff off and unplugged it because it's that frustrating, i'm even going to start a campaign against bt so if anyone out there is in the same boat please please help me out thank you

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Re: APPAULLING BT!!!

Not sure what you are asking for here, however if you want some help with your Bt broadband, then you could turn it all back on and post your Hub stats and Bt speed test I'm sure members will only to pleased to offer some advice on the broadband.  As for using your neighbours connection, perhaps not best to be public knowledge.

To post the full stats from your router
For homehub -  enter in address bar- 192.168.1.254
Navigate to ADSL Settings or use the A-Z at the top right
Click on More Details and then post the results.
Run Bt speed tester and post the results from
http://speedtester.bt.com/

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 5

Re: Forget slow BB this is insane

Hi Danny,

I've merged your two posts so any answers you get go to the same place.

As you've had several engineers out already, can you email in your details and we'll take a closer look at your speed?

If you click on my username you'll be able to get our contact link (under "about me").

We'll then be able to take a look at the billing side of things as well so we can check what do to help.

Thanks,

Stephanie

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Re: Forget slow BB this is insane

If you want help with your broadband then please try the following

If you post the full stats from your router
For homehub – type 192.168.1.254 into your browser
Navigate to ADSL Settings or use the A-Z at the top right of the home page and scroll down to ADSL Settings and click on it
Click on More Details and then post the full results.

And post the full results from http://speedtester.bt.com/

then someone may be able to help and offer more advice.

0 Ratings