Re: AQ John Hamilton

Lost for words a very sad loss my thoughts are with his family at this time
God Bless you
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 12 of 19

This is so sad! Smiley Sad

My thoughts and prayers go out to John's family at this very difficult time.

Robbie

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 13 of 19

Arrangemets for AQ have been posted in his local paper.

John Hamilton : Obituary

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 19

David I'm sorry I should have said thank you for this yesterday and I didn't. Like you I lit a candle and left a message. Yours was lovely

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Thanks for the post.

Vin

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 19

Thanks from me too, David. I'm in wildest Italy at the moment and this made it possible to add my tribute.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 17 of 19

Hi Everyone,

I have returned from some time off and like everyone here and everyone who knew John I am very sad by the news of his passing.  I spoke with Caroline, Johns wife, yesterday to pass on our condolences.  Caroline said that in the end John passed peacefully in his sleep, I took some comfort in knowing this in the face of such sad news.  

John and I kept regular contact and I was fortunate enough to have spoken with him about 7 weeks ago.  At this point he was planning retirement and as always with John he remained upbeat and positive.  He will be sorely missed by everyone who was lucky to have known him.

He was an important part of our community right from the beginning, his demeanour and passion to help people was infectious and I have no doubt that our community would not be were it is now without him.  I am proud to be able to say that John was a friend and I feel blessed that I was fortunate enough to have known him.  When my Son went through his heart surgery John was always there to give me advice and encouragement as his Grandson went through a similar situation.

The last time we spoke we reflected on the meet up in 2013 and John was keen to meet everyone again.  I wont get another chance to share a glass of Jamison with you John, but each time I take a dram I will remember you fondly.  Rest in Peace my friend.

Sean

SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 18 of 19

Hi Everyone,

The mods and I were keen on sending flowers to Johns family but after speaking with Caroline she had respectfully declined our offer and suggested a donation to Charity in Johns memory instead.

We thought this was a nice idea so we have created a donation page in memory of John.  All donations will be made to Cancer Research UK.  Please don't feel obliged to make donations, I just wanted to let you know that you have an option to donate if you so wish.

The link to our memory page is, In Memory of John 'AQ' Hamilton

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 19

Done

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings