Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoff_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 18

ASUS DSL-AC68U

Hi,

Finally got fed up with poor wireless coverage with the HH5 and opted for the above modem/router combo.

Only got it yesterday and initially all seemed good - ping was about 15 or 16 and acheivable download speed went from 68 to 71 and upload stayed constant at about 18.8

On the DSL stats page, the connection was "fastpath", but there were a lot of CRC errors building throughout the day - was at about 24,000 by the time I went to bed.

This morning, the stats are as follows:

2016-05-30_132619.jpg

ping is now 22-23 and download is about 66-67 Mbps - upload has remained the same, at about 18.8Mbps

Is the interleaving on the downstream a "learning" phase?  If not, can I do anything about it ??

As always, any and all help/asistance greatly appreciated

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U

is there any noise on quiet line test?

The DLM has reset your connection with lower connection speed but also changed latency from fast to interleaved probably due to the error build up you mention

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Geoff_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 18

on the quiet line test, all I can hear is a very faint "hiss", no crackles or pops
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

any noise on quiet line test with corded phone is not good and certainly wont help your broadband connection  if cordless then a dull hum is normal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Geoff_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 18

I'll try and dig out a corded handset and try again
0 Ratings
LS26
Beginner
Message 6 of 18

this is on my RT AC68U I binne home hub it drooped network every day this is brilliant

Download Speed

58.44 Mbps

0 Mbps65.67 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 58.44 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-65.67 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 65.67 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 14.77 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 14.77Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
0 Ratings
Geoff_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 18

no luck on finding a corded phone - will have to "borrow" one from work !!

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 8 of 18

How do your settings compare to mine?

VDSL Settings.jpg

0 Ratings
Geoff_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 18

here is my page like that - slight differences - I "think" i'm using the latest firmware??

ScreenShot0002.jpg

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 10 of 18

Yes you've got a later firmware than me but differences in settings aren't significant I think.

Mine's been running these settings for a year or so & it's been remarkably stable.

I think give the DLM a chance to make some adjustments over the next week or so, keeping reboots to an absolute minimum.

When I switched from Infinity 1 40/10 to 52/10 my ping shot up as did my errors but the DLM soon sorted that out & upped my speed to an all time high.

0 Ratings