Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Abbeyhill, Edinburgh exchange

Hi,

When I check my exchange on the openreach checker, it says Accepting Orders.

Is there any way to find out when a particular cabinet will be upgraded?  There used to be a phone box at the top of my road but this has now been replaced with a big green cabinet.  I live approx 300 metres from the exchange

Many thanks, 

Colin

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Abbeyhill, Edinburgh exchange

enter your phone number and see if a cabinet number or E/O  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Thanks for the reply.

Checked that link but no mention of FTTC/P 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 16

Does it give you a cabinet number?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Sorry, forgot to add that

Cabinet 31

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

then send email here with phone number and exchnage and openreach will reply in about 10 days nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Ah excellent will do.

Thanks for your assistance

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Time to bump!

Well there seems to be no movement on Infinity upgrade since this original post.  Several enquiries with BT over the past year have promised I would be getting Infinity by the end of June 2014, then end of October 2014 and the definitely by end of December 2014.

On using the Openreach Where & When checker the status has changed to Exploring Solutions (whereas it used to be Enabled Area) when I check with postcode.  If i check using my landline number then the checker says Under Review.

I have used the various feedback options I have seen on these forums to try and gain extra information but have not received a reply at all.

Obviously I have no idea of the technicalities behind the upgrade but I do know that the exchange is enabled and that other users have infinity in the area.  As I have said in earlier messages I live about 300m from the exchange and about halfway between there used to be a phone box which was taken down and replaced with a green cabinet.

If anyone or any mods could offer some information I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks,

Colin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

post the results from entering your phone number  remember to delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

it appears there are technical problems in commissioning the the cabinet and Openreach are researching other optional services to provide a faster service
0 Ratings