Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Absolutely appalled!

Basic: 

My bill was £42.00

Activation Fee Etc. £77.45

I changed my payments to a monthly direct debit for the 1st of the month, the payment went up to £53.00

I contacted live chat about why this was and she told me it was because the Activation Fee Etc. was included in this so I didn't need to pay that £77.45 and it wasn't going to come out of my bank. I said Okay and carried on leaving enough money in my bank for this weeks shopping. Log on my bank today and it's come out of my bank, 1st of it's come out of the WRONG bank as I changed my payment details to our joint account and 2nd off it should NOT have even come out. So now we have NO money for shopping, wahoo thanks BT! So I phoned up BT expecting them to sort it out and the absolutely RUDE advisor told me it was MY fault for not cancelling the direct debit and that I couldn't do anything about it, he didn't explain to me why my charges had gone up to £53 and he said that even if I got the money back from the bank I would still owe the £77.45 SO WHY HAVE MY DD CHARGES GONE UP?! I was in tears on the phone to this man and he had no sympathy or helpful words what so ever and all he told me was that I should have done it! This is absolutely disgusting and as we have just moved into our first house it is extremely stressful, that I do NOT need! What can I do about this because I'm absolutely distraught that we now have no money and that the advisor was disgustingly rude!? It was supposed to be £42.00 a month for 3 months and then go up to £46.00 - I am so annoyed by this that I will considering cancelling this god awful service after just two weeks of having it if it's not sorted out!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Absolutely appalled!

Hi poppydaisyjulia,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the mix up with your direct debit.  I can help sort things out from here.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi Robbie,

I can't seem to find the contact button or the about me section :S

0 Ratings
VickyT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hi Poppy
If you click on the pic of RobbieMac next to his post it should take you to his "about me" page. On the right hand side of that there is his contact details, online status and date last visited details. Under that should be a line that says "send this user a private message" which I would assume is the correct link as its the only one I can see.
Hope this helps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

To contact Robbie follow this picture guide. It is not a private message. It is a link that becomes available when the moderators wish you to contact them

modpicture.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi Poppydaisyjulia,

Did you manage to send over your details?  I've checked it again and you should definitely see the contact link under the section "About Me".  You'll find it by clicking on my username.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings