cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dash201
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Absolutely f****** hate BT

Well done again BT. Another major f*** up.

Was watching iplayer (not via vision) and it stopped working. Was live tv (Southampton vs Coventry match) and off it went. 

Switched to a neighbours internet and it worked again. Other sites were loading with my connection, including radio coverage from the BBC.

So well done once again you useless f**** at BT.

So glad I am walking away from this **** soon.

🙂

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Absolutely f****** hate BT

How don't you know it wasn't an issue with Iplayer or some other network congestion issue at the very time you had the problem?

Quick to point the finger without any proof....
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
dash201
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Easy. Iplayer was working with other programmes on demand/catch up but not with live viewing.

So yes, quick to point the finger. Simply another BT **bleep** up. This company really is a sham.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

so again, how does that prove it's a BT network fault that caused it? Surely if it was BT's network then you wouldn't be able to watch any media through Iplayer.

Think you've dropped your tin foil hat mate.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
dash201
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Firstly, I am not your mate and have no idea what you are talking about with tin hats etc.

BT have in the past performed this little trick with Lovefilm when trying to stream a film. That is proof. BT love to traffic shape unjustly. They always have and always will. They are unable to change an email address when asked, their advisors for the 'lovely' BT vision have never used BT vision before as it is not available in India and all they do is RTFM.

So you carry on believing what you would like to and I will mould my little tin hat in to the shape of a **bleep** and attached some elastic so you can attach it your head and be the leader of the BT ignorance group. I will also make you a little sign as well if you want. 

That's my rant over about BT. Anything else you would like to say on the issue, please direct towards India.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

BT don't traffic shape. They only manage Peer 2 Peer applications.
0 Ratings
dash201
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

So true. And the pope is not Catholic....and you are classed as an expert....

Of course they don't traffic shape and of course they don't manage your connection at peak times when they feel that the fair usage policy is being ignored...

If there was ever a need for a facepalm in the style of Homer Simpson, this is it.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

You're absolutely correct, they don't. Normal internet congestion at peak times comes into play.

Just like driving home at 6pm on the m25 as opposed to 2am. Do you blame the Government for busy roads at those times? Thought not 🙂
0 Ratings
dash201
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Spotting sarcasm isn't your strong point.

And did you just ask me a question and then answer it for me as well? You truly are worthy BT material.

Let me have a go at that. Are BT useless? Yes Smiley Happy 

And what does the M25 have to do with anything? I don't use the M25. Neither at 6pm or 2am. Not sure how relevant that is unless we are just using similies for the sake of using similies. Will try that one as well.

BT traffic shape without prejudice like a fishing net catches dolphins with tuna. Do you blame the fishermen for that? You would. The same as you would blame BT for that. 

Simples. And yes I did just answer for you.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

No sarcasm, your detector must be broken.
0 Ratings