cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveD3
Contributor
Message 1 of 61

Absolutely unbelievably BAD Customer service from BT for over 3 years now and STILL unresolved

I was wondering if anyone else  has been blighted by BT's Blatent contempt for its private customers and their E  mail accounts.   I can not go more than a few days EVER without being locked out of my BT Yahoo E mail account, I have written to BT 4 times, E mailed them numerous times, spoke with their technicians in India and the UK of Three different technical grades. I have spoken with the lovely BT ladies in the Complaints dept in the Co Durham offices.   I have had my PC remotely controlled by BT on at least FOUR occasions, I have been told to remove my E mail account from my Cell Phone that BT blamed it for messing up my E mail on my Laptop. I have removed Microsoft office E mail from my PC on their orders as they blamed that. Last time they blamed Microsofts LIVE MAIL program and made me delete it from my PC. I have now changed my password on over 170 occasions over three years. They even made me delete my BT home page log in and only use the Yahoo one ( which disappeared after a few days going back to BT.COM)

Every time I speak with their technicians, management, complaints dept, help lines, live chat be it in India or the UK, they fix thev problem and assure me it will not happen again, and every time within a WEEK I am locked out again  with the message that suspicious activity has been detected, EVEN when the PC was turned off and we were in another country.

I was looking for other BT customers who have been treated with open contempt for o long so I can assemble a full complaint for the Ombudsman service. Tell you how bad BT aCTUALLY is I even have a BT E mail account membership for this forum and yes you guressed right it does not work.

0 Ratings
60 REPLIES 60
SteveD3
Contributor
Message 2 of 61

Re: Absolutely unbelievably BAD Customer service from BT for over 3 years now and STILL unresolved

Hah I would cry if it was not so utterly pathetic, NOW I cannot even access my MYBT account to try and change my PW for about the 180th time recently, and I keep getting some dude from BT in India on my land line who wants to take control of my PC AGAIN ( fifth time) but I cannot understand a word the lad is saying the line is so bad.

0 Ratings
SteveD3
Contributor
Message 3 of 61

Re: Absolutely unbelievably BAD Customer service from BT for over 3 years now and STILL unresolved

Aha and I notice that the BT technical help people I tried but could not understand are now E MAILING ME, yes you guessed right to the E mail I am locked out of !!!!! ( little pop up box tells me there is new mail and who from). My windows Mail, G mail and Hotmail have worked flawlessy since i created them some over 6 years ago, My BT E mail never lasts more than a few days.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 61

Hi @SteveD3 and welcome.

I'm really sorry you're having so many problems with the email account. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this if you wish. Can you send over your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 5 of 61

This seems to me to be the same issue (with the same absence of customer care) described in the other thread (Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop).    One week on and I am still seeking a solution or even some info...

0 Ratings
SteveD3
Contributor
Message 6 of 61

Last night BT from India phones, crackly line, almost impossible to understand technician and yet again wanting to take remote control of my PC as they have done at least five times, ALLWAYS saying the problem will not occur again, line was so bad I had to hang up. And yet again this morning BT phones from India on a land line could hardly understand the chap but again wanting to do another bodged repair.  According to BT I should NOT have my E mail on my PC and my Cell phone, I should not use Windows Live Mail on my PC, or MS Office E Mail.  I should ONLY use BTYahoo on ONE device and even when complying with all of BTs guidence I STILL never get more than a week before I'm told I'm locked out and have to change my password again.  And EVERY TIME and I mean absolutely EVERY TIME  BT says sorry and assumes me it wont happen again. But it always does

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 61

@SteveD3 wrote:

Last night BT from India phones, crackly line, almost impossible to understand technician and yet again wanting to take remote control of my PC as they have done at least five times, ALLWAYS saying the problem will not occur again, line was so bad I had to hang up. And yet again this morning BT phones from India on a land line could hardly understand the chap but again wanting to do another bodged repair.  According to BT I should NOT have my E mail on my PC and my Cell phone, I should not use Windows Live Mail on my PC, or MS Office E Mail.  I should ONLY use BTYahoo on ONE device and even when complying with all of BTs guidence I STILL never get more than a week before I'm told I'm locked out and have to change my password again.  And EVERY TIME and I mean absolutely EVERY TIME  BT says sorry and assumes me it wont happen again. But it always does

They are talking complete and utter tosh. Mail should work with multiple devices, multiple clients and webmail.  For most customers it does (myself included), but for a few there seems to be continuous problems that have never been satisfactorily resolved or explained.

0 Ratings
silverhairedbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 61

I have seen this recently, although my experience may differ from yours.

I suggest you need to ascertain whether you e-mail address is Yahoo or BT Mail. If it is Yahoo then I would try accessing your e-mail for a period through the Yahoo portal ONLY.

If that works try using your mail client such as Windows Live Mail, with the password you know works through the

Yahoo portal.

Robbie

0 Ratings
silverhairedbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 61

I forgot to add BT provide a tool for checking whether your e-mail account is Yahoo or BT Mail.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 61

@silverhairedbee wrote:

I forgot to add BT provide a tool for checking whether your e-mail account is Yahoo or BT Mail.

See links

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45722/~/im-not-sure-if-ive-got-bt-mail-or-bt-yahoo!-m...

http://pbtcsc.bt.motive.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

0 Ratings