cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aliw282
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Abysmal customer service!!

Please can somebody actually talk to me!! This saga of terrible customer service started with terrible broadband speed. What has followed was being passed around and then given a "direct dial" number for technical which was actually for another department. Then ran through the issue again with the non-technical advisor for 10 minutes. I was then told I would be transferred to technical and the wait was 90 seconds. 45 minutes I was still on hold and called from another line and spoke to someone who had absolutely no clue and gave me another number to call in the morning. I hung up the other line with the time at 1 hour and 17 minutes. After this I have been promised phone calls via live chat at least 6 TIMES!! to receive no calls whatsoever. Today after chasing yet again I have received a call from one departmemt blaming another. He then said he was transferring me to the manager of the other department and I went into a hold queue!! I gave up after 20 minutes as believe it or not I do actually need to work in the daytime and would like to spend time with my family in the evening rather that spending all of my time on the phone or live chat. Please have the decency to just cancel everything and give me my money back. Oh and I also sent a complaint email over a week ago that you couldn't be bothered to respond to.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Abysmal customer service!!

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

Is it normal broadband, or BT Infinity that you are having problems with?

0 Ratings
aliw282
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi Keith.

Apologies for my naivety. It's normal broadband, but my issue is now more with their abysmal customer service.

0 Ratings
aliw282
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Terrible Customer Service - READ THIS PLEASE BT

BT

BTCare Community Forums
Sign In
Forums
Ideas
Up
2 Replies
Abysmal customer service!!
aliw282 aliw282 Visitor
4:47 PM
Please can somebody actually talk to me!! This saga of terrible customer service started with terrible broadband speed. What has followed was being passed around and then given a "direct dial" number for technical which was actually for another department. Then ran through the issue again with the non-technical advisor for 10 minutes. I was then told I would be transferred to technical and the wait was 90 seconds. 45 minutes I was still on hold and called from another line and spoke to someone who had absolutely no clue and gave me another number to call in the morning. I hung up the other line with the time at 1 hour and 17 minutes. After this I have been promised phone calls via live chat at least 6 TIMES!! to receive no calls whatsoever. Today after chasing yet again I have received a call from one departmemt blaming another. He then said he was transferring me to the manager of the other department and I went into a hold queue!! I gave up after 20 minutes as believe it or not I do actually need to work in the daytime and would like to spend time with my family in the evening rather that spending all of my time on the phone or live chat. Please have the decency to just cancel everything and give me my money back. Oh and I also sent a complaint email over a week ago that you couldn't be bothered to respond to.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

hi. as Keith mentioned this is a customer to customer forum.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 8

Re: Terrible Customer Service - READ THIS PLEASE BT

Hi @aliw282 Sorry you have been getting passed around. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
aliw282
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Good morning. 

Thank you for initially responding to me.

However there has been no response from my attempt to "contact the mods".

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

if you completed the email following contact mod link it can take 3/4 working days for mods to get back to you.  you currently are in a queue of other customers all of whom think their problem is a priority hence why mods reply in order email received to ensure everyone is treated equally

mods will contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings