cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cordycordy
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Access Control feature does not save devices

I have a HH4 and have had Access Control issues for a while (around 2-3 months). Access Control doesn't seem to save the devices which I add...    Access Control feature is enabled, and I have added devices and applied changes too. The devices show, and when they are listed, Access Control works fine... BUT the devices will eventually disappear (I think they disappear at the end of each day), and I have to go back in and add them all over again (which is a real pain when you have 5-6 devices!) Any help welcomed, thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
JohnC2
Message 2 of 9

Re: Access Control feature does not save devices

0 Ratings
cordycordy
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Hi, yes I have. (no luck). I follow those steps each time I try to add devices. It used to work fine, but no more... 

0 Ratings
cordycordy
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I'm still experiencing this (very irrritating!) problem... can anyone help? thanks

0 Ratings
cordycordy
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Access Control feature does not save devices on Smart Hub

I have an ongoing issue with my Smart Hub not saving devices, and not saving access control settings. Each time I rename a device and/or activate BT access controls for the kid's device(s), they disappear within 24 hours and I have to start again. Its happened about 5 times now (only had the Smart Hub for 2 weeks!), and used to happen all the time with my old HH4. Any advice please? Great feature... if it worked!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Re: Access Control feature does not save devices on Smart Hub

Are you sure that nobody is resetting the home hub to factory default, especially as it was the same on both hubs?

Also remember that access control does not disconnect any exising connection, it only prevents new devices connecting, so if they stay connected all the time, access control will have no effect.

Its not really very effective on the BT Home hubs.

0 Ratings
cordycordy
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

You can always check the connected time on the home hub, as any reset will disconnect the line for a short while.

Also, as access control works on the MAC address of the device, its possible for savvy children to spoof a different address.

Its never been very effective on any of the BT Home hubs, even when it does work.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

@cordycordy

They do not need physical access if they know the admin password written on the hub card, as it can be reset via the hub manager.

Have you changed the admin password so that is not the same as the one wriitten on the hub card? If not, then its easy for them to remove any settings that you make, including any access control settings.

0 Ratings