cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 60

Re: BT Smart Hub - BT Access Control Feature doesn't work!!

My rules have corrupted again when added new device and clicked save. With the price increases its time to go to sky! 

BT seem to be trying to do too much with their services but failing to get the basics right.

Smiley Mad

Just notiiced. That the new rules are stored correctly but the existing rules which were already there are corrupt.

0 Ratings
arbie
Beginner
Message 52 of 60

This is still happening today with a new "Smart" Hub received about 6 weeks ago.  Access Contol repeatedly corrupts when you try to change anything, and now refuses to save any changes.  These are the basics, which BT used to get right.  No longer, it seems.

Price increases, poor service and sloppy tech - Sky and Virgin will have a field day!

0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 53 of 60

@arbie  wrote:

Price increases, poor service and sloppy tech - Sky and Virgin will have a field day!

I doubt it, their routers aren't much better, have you looked at the Virgin router?  It's basically unconfigurable.  It's only saving grace is that it can be used in modem only mode so you can use a proper router.  Not looked at a Sky one but friends couldn't find items I suggested they change.

0 Ratings
Gav_328t
Beginner
Message 54 of 60

Re: Access Control on the new BT Smart Hub

The people here that are having issues with the internet not cutting off when it's supposed to, are you putting the cut off time first?

The way it should work is that the start time isnthe time it will start BLOCKING internet access. The end time is the time it will start ALLOWING access.

So, if you want to only allow say, an hour a day, from 7pm to 8pm, then your start time should be 8pm, and your end time should be 7pm. The internet is then blocked, starting at 8pm, and for the next 23 hours until 7pm the next day.

I am also having issues with my smart hub, but the problems i am having are more to do with editing/saving the access control settings through my mobile (something i aas able to do with the HH5).

I am often able to edit two or three devices without problem. However, any more than three (even with saving after each change) and the access control page just stays on saving forever. I left it for half an hour once before eventually giving in and refreshing the page, only to find that all of the times had been reset to 0.0.0 and had to all be deleted, because they couldn't be chamged to anything else. There are twelve devices that need to be set up with access control, with three sets of parameters each. That's a lot of time putting the parameters in, just for them to corrupt so i have to start over.
devans001
Beginner
Message 55 of 60

I'm here too - has been working fine but now just constantly blocks the PS4 and Firestick when access control is on (despite being set to only block between 21:00 and 08:00).  So I deleted both devices from access control and then re enabled acces control.  Still CONSTANTLY blocks them.

This is a HYPER USEFUL TOOL FOR PARENTS and part of the reason I chose BT.  As it is proving unreliable and an absolute pain to administer it devalues the whole service.  And then you go completely quiet and unhelpful  here too and bow out. Disgraceful!!!

0 Ratings
jedmgrew
Beginner
Message 56 of 60

same Issues; On my 2nd Hub 6, signal is worse than the Hub 5, and the access controls don't keep their settings, or at best randomly change them. Last issue was all time settings were blanked out, and couldn't be edited.

Customer service ordered a replacement, and sent a hub 5 by mistake, then i received a replacement hub 6, which has the same issue. Signal is worse than the hub 5. BT Tv ad shows wifi up in the attic - mine just about makes it across the kitchen into the garage!

0 Ratings
jedmgrew
Beginner
Message 57 of 60

Completely useless. Drops settings, fails to keep device names and only displays IP addresses, times appear blank and cant be edited. Hub 5 so much better. Even the Hub 6 signal is worse than the Hub 5!!!

0 Ratings
offcentre
Beginner
Message 58 of 60

Anyone having issues with the access control not restricting access when you THINK you have set it up correctly should follow the magnificent Gav_328t's advice above.

The time input is counter-intuitive and he is correct...the time you want access blocked goes in the Start Time field and the time you want access to start again goes in the End Time field.

Thank you Gav.  Have a virtual backslap.

0 Ratings
Rogerdodge
Beginner
Message 59 of 60

I have this same problem, whichever way I put the dates and times in the access controls simply don’t work. BT, can you please post the solution here.

0 Ratings
sallyjoybennett
Beginner
Message 60 of 60

BT Access Control still isn't working property - three years later!  One thing you can no longer do that you could do on HH5 is to disable access for a specific device temporarily whilst not affecting the access schedule you have set up for it.   Instead you have to change the times schedule for that device then, when you want that person to resume access, change the time back.  Really annoying.

0 Ratings