Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Access Email via client problems!!!!

Go to solution

Hi, just tried to check my email via "Thunderbird" and got this response :-

Sending of password for user ?????@btinternet.com ​did not succeed. Mail server mail.btinternet.com r​esponded: no domain specified or invalid domain sp​ecified

Can you advise on this please. Thks

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Access Email via client problems!!!!

Go to solution

If it has just started and you have not changed anything such as your password prior to the problem, I would not do anything and certainly do not change any settings or password.

It could just be a glitch in the system, BT often have them, and it usually sorts its self out in a day or so if not before.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Hi, Thanks for your response, I can confirm problem only started on 8th April last time received emails via my client Thunderbird on this account. However, I have changed password since last mail on 8th and been able to access on webmail but still unable to get anything via client ever when asked to verify my password. Await your further assistance help to fix this problem. PS my other BT email address is unaffected still working normally via client / webmail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Obvious question but I presume you have changed the password on Thunderbird?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Hi, yes i've changed / entered new password in Thunderbird. Just tried again to check mail via client but got same error message as i posted. Any ideas would be apprecited, is there a possible BT server issue? Thks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution
Thanks for info, I did see this one but if this issue is fixed then why i'm still unable to get emails via client on this account email address. Any more advice, thks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Are you on BTYahoo or BTMail? If you are not sure use this lnk to check

http://pbtcsc.bt.motive.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker&s_intcid=con_searchpriority_genericmail?s_i...

Have you checked that you have the correct settings?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

Are you using IMAP or POP3?

Have you tried using your "old" password on T'bird?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Hi, I am on BT Mail service for both of my BT email addresses.

Only difference is one using POP3, other using IMAP.

Problem email address is using POP3, but never had any issues before until the 8th April.

Any more help appreciated.

PS - Tried "old" password again on T'bird, still same error.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

I would be inclined to save all your downloaded emails (do an Internet search to find where your operating system saves T'bird's folders) and delete the email account and then set it up manually ensuring the correct settings are entered.

If you don't want to do that right away you could download Windows Live Mail and set up the email account on that to see if POP3 works OK on that. 

If it does you will then know the problem is with T'bird and you can then do the account delete etc.