Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DisneyQueen999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Access denied-Tesco.com

Go to solution

For some unknown reason this message has appeared today whenever I try to access www.tesco.com

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://tesco.com" on this server

Reference #18.2169651 followed by lots of other numbers which I guess is my server reference number.

I have never had this problem before.

Phoned BT technical helpline (or should be named unhelful line), who were absolutely clueless. They told me it was Tesco's fault and that there must be a security issue with their website and that the server is stopping me connect to it for that reason. RUBBISH!

Since I've had Infinity I've had loads of problems with my internet. Never had any problems with my old 'slow' broadband.

Contract is up next June and it will be ta ta BT if this doesn't resolve.

I have a disabled mother who I grocery shop for with Tesco and I really need access to this website.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue please?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
19nbg71
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Access denied-Tesco.com

Go to solution

first link = http://www.tesco.com/

second link = http://tesco.com%22/

first link works

regards karl

0 Ratings
DisneyQueen999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi 19nbg71,

Tried fist link.     Access denied

Tries second link.   This web page is not available

This problem is Sooooo frustrating!

0 Ratings
DisneyQueen999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

I thought something magical might have happened to my internet connection overnight and my Tesco.com problem would have resolved itself by this morning, but frustratinglt NO.

Still unable to connect to www.tesco.com. 

Does anyone have a resolution please?  HELP!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

The link you posted is invalid.

Try this one.

http://www.tesco.com/

If that fails, then reset you home hub to factory default.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/~/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-home-hub-to-its-factory-...

walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Might actually be down to device accessing from. Could be firewall issue or malware redirecting traffic.

0 Ratings
DisneyQueen999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I have BT Netprotect.

Have tried disabling firewall but that made no difference.

I'm no computer wizard, but not a rookie either, but I'm very disappointed in the help ( or lack of it) I've received from BT.

This is causing me grief, but I can't help wondering how I'd manage if it was my bank account that I couldn't access.

Time for a change of internet provider I feel.

I will try resetting BT hub to factory settings though if I can.

Thanks all I'm grateful.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi DisneyQueen999,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems. Are you having any issues accessing any other sites?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@DisneyQueen999 wrote:

I have BT Netprotect. I would recommend that you uninstall BTNetprotect. It can cause problems on some devices. There are better free Antivirus such as Avast. Meanwhile have you tried disabling BTNetprotect in case it is blocking you.

Have tried disabling firewall but that made no difference.

I'm no computer wizard, but not a rookie either, but I'm very disappointed in the help ( or lack of it) I've received from BT. Have you established that it is a BT fault. Nobody else is having a problem accessing it. Are you being blocked from any other sites?  Have you considered that it could be your device that is the problem or that it is a Tesco problem. Are you able to access the site using a different device?

This is causing me grief, but I can't help wondering how I'd manage if it was my bank account that I couldn't access.

Time for a change of internet provider I feel. Because you can not access one website you are going to change provider!!!

I will try resetting BT hub to factory settings though if I can.

Thanks all I'm grateful.

0 Ratings
DisneyQueen999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Keith_Beddoe,

Tried the link but no joy, same message. Tried the Hub reset to factory default and hey presto! (works for now anyway :))

Thank you so much, you have restored my stress levels to normal.

gg30340

The problem was not with the Tesco website, I could access it via mobile internet. No device in the house could access Tesco and all were getting the same message.

And yes, I would consider changing provider in an instant. I pay a large amount of money every month to BT and if their service (including customer service/technical help) is rubbish, then I would have no hesitation in changing. I could save a lot of money by changing provider, but have chosen to stay with BT for convenience. But due to previous problems I've had and their hopeless technical helpline I no longer feel any loyalty to them. Come June when my contract is expiring, I will be shopping around for the best deal. I've given enough second chances sorry.

Thanks everyone for your input, it is much appreciated.