Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wanderer_uk
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Access to Web Sites

Go to solution

I am not sure where to post this problem. I have been unable to acess TRIPADVISOR.Com web site for several days using BT as my ISP. Who do I ask for information please ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Access to Web Sites

Go to solution

Hi wanderer, I just accessed it with no trouble, using an ip address in the 86.144 range.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
wanderer_uk
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Since receiving your useful response I have used System Restore to an earlier date when it worked. No success! I have cleared my 'cookies' not sure what it can be since I guessed the site was not down for several days.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@wanderer_uk wrote:

Since receiving your useful response I have used System Restore to an earlier date when it worked. No success! I have cleared my 'cookies' not sure what it can be since I guessed the site was not down for several days.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

For some weird reason, this seems to happen from time to time. There are a number of actual reasons for it, security packages blocking the site, a corrupt browser (perhaps cookies), so try another browser, a router power cycle (or disconnect the broadband via the router menus, leave a few minutes and reconnect). This latter pair is to get a new IP address in case the one you've currently got has somehow become stale.

You can check IP address before/after by going here : http://www.whatismyip.com/

You can always try a proxy (e.g. www.proxify.com) and see if you can at least access it that way. That then can show if the site is actually working.

wanderer_uk
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Success !!! Thank you very much. Change of ISP did it. I wondered about that but did not think you could change it . These Forums are very useful I post a lot on the Tripadvisor site responding to other peoples problems.  Now this one has solved mine . Thaks again.

0 Ratings