Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Accessing Bt emails after leaving BT

Go to solution

Hi    firstly I have  to confess that I an a complete numpty when it comes to technology (think grumpy old man)  so any help would be greatfully accepted.  After 40 years of being a BT customer I recently moved to Plusnet (I know it is owned by BT but I am saving £400 a year).  I want to keep using my btineternet.com email adresses but am very confused by the information given on BT Help.   I use BT Yahoo Mail (don't know the difference between Bt Yahoo & Bt Mail)  and the help says that as long as I send emails from there at least evrey month or so, or forward them on, I can keep them for free.  I opened a 'chat' window and asked the question but was told I had to pay £1.60 a month.  I use Windows Live Mail to pick up my emails from BT   and, 4 days after moving to Plusnet, I am still sending/receiving emails using BT.

Can anyone claify what I have to do to keep my email adresses  ???    ThanksSmiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Accessing Bt emails after leaving BT

Go to solution

To keep your BTinternet mails you will need to subscribe to Premium mail which is the £1.60 a month option you were advised of. Your mail may continue to work for a while without any action, but may be disconnected at any time.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/~/what-is-bt-premium-mail-and-how-can-i-get-it%...