Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Accessing Home Hub 4 with windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11

Go to solution

Hello

I can no longer access my home hub manager wirelessly running windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 from my toshiba laptop by either typing in the IP address or by http://bthomehub.home/. I can still access it by either method from a laptop running windows XP. I have Infinity and Home Hub 4a. This problem has arose recently and I did upgrade from windows 8 last week so could this be the problem. Has anyone any suggestions?

Regards

Adrian

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Accessing Home Hub 4 with windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11

Go to solution

Go to=www.youtube.com >how to fix internet problems on Windows 8.1. You are not alone one guy is so fed up with Win 8 that he is re installing Win 7=Wise move[IMO]

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

There seems to be a big in IE11, or maybe just an incompatibility with the HomeHub.  Won't even work in compatibility mode.  All the other browsers work fine; at least Chome, Firefox, Opera and Safari do.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for the comments. It was Explorer 11 that was the problem and am now using Chrome successfully.

Adrian

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@sjtp wrote:

There seems to be a big in IE11, or maybe just an incompatibility with the HomeHub.  Won't even work in compatibility mode.  All the other browsers work fine; at least Chome, Firefox, Opera and Safari do.

IE11 is now available for windows 7.

Just installed it today, and there are no problems with accessing the HomeHub, type 4, wirelessly.

Just another comment:-

IE11 claims to activate GPU rendering for all web pages. Perhaps it does, but there is no sign of GPU activity, on my HP laptop, even though the "enable software rendering" button in the advanced settings is now active (i.e., it should enable GPU rendering when unchecked). It was greyed out in IE10.

There does seem to be a slight increase in speed, however.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Seems to be a Network Adapter problem for most people, and usually updating the driver works.

If you have just installed 8.1/8.1 pro, you will typically need to install your motherboard and other driver software. After you have done this, most people can access the internet, but have problems with the bt hub ip/url access link.

To update the Network Adapter(s) use the following steps:

1. search for Device Manager, and open it up

2. Select/expand Network adapters, and the adapter(s) on your machine should show up.

3. Right click on the adapter(s) that appear and select 'Update Driver Software'

4. It should come up with 2 options - select 'Browse my computer for driver software'

5. The next screen should come up with the default location for your machine, so just click the next button on the bottom right of this window.

6. Your network adapter(s) will appear, and just select 'update driver software' and the latest version will be installed.

7. That should fix most problems right away - if not, your machine (including hub and router) may need switched off and back on.

I can't guarantee it will fix every problem, but the most common problem seems to be that the latest network adapter drivers needs a manual update after installing 8.1/8.1 pro, even after you install your motherboard / ethernet drivers.

If you still experience problems accessing bt hub or internet, you can try this additional step:

1. On your keyboard press Start + X keys (or microsoft logo key + X)

2. This should open up system options dialogue box at the bottom left of your screen.

3. Select Command Prompt (Admin) option.

4. In command screen (old DOS screen) type the following: ipconfig /release (there is a space between config and /)

5. This will release your ip address back into the network and cut your connection (don't worry)

6. Whilst still in command screen, flush the dns cache - type: ipconfig /flushdns (space here again also)

7. type exit to get out of command screen.

8. Switch off your pc, and switch it off at the wall, also switch off router & bthub.

9. Wait a few mins before flicking switches back on at the wall only - dont switch on pc yet - wait a min or so then switch on pc.

10. You may need to run through the updating network adapter drivers again from the steps at the top - although this should not be needed.

0 Ratings