cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
disillusioned
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Accessing Hub / Router / Modem details ?

Hi Guys,

I started with Infinity of 5th Dec 2012. So far - so good.

1) I wanted to accesss my HH3, so inserted 192 etc into my search field.  The usual stuff popped up,,,, until I went to ADSL for some figures,,,, but there are none. Well, I say none, it does tell me how many days I've been connected - but thats all.

Should I be able to access similar details that I used to before the upgrade ?
If so - how, please ?

2) I'm in West Cornwall.  We are getting Superfast springing up all over the place.

Is that anything to do with Infinity ?

If not, will that cost more - when/if I get it ?

3) I was sent a BT message saying that I could get "even faster speeds if I am already an infinity customer - for no extra charge".   I think it might be Infinity 2 !?

When I clicked the 'availability' button, it said not.

What is the criteria for that please ?

Happier New Year to you All

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Accessing Hub / Router / Modem details ?

1. Line stats are locked in the modem, you need to unlock the modem to see the stats.

2. Superfast broadband is FTTC 80/20 (Infinity), this is what Openreach call it.

3. Yes, more than likely but don't be falled if you aren't getting around the 40Mbps mark from Infinity 1 you're very unlikely to see an increase in speed.

Do you know your speed estimate for BT Infinity? If not follow these steps below.

1. Visit http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages?Infinity=yes
2. Under Phone packages you will see "Check your speed" Click on it!
3. Enter your telephone number
4. If Infinity is available to you, it will be BT Infinity then to the right your ESTIMATED speeds should be there.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

BT have chosen to not allow their customers to see what speeds they are syncing at or their line statistics. Some providers like sky do allow this functionality however. .

The advertising of superfast broadband is just to let you know you can get fibre in your area. Its not 80/20 or a certain speed but just the fact its now there. They cant advertise it as infinity as its openreach who are advertising, not bt, and they (openreach) have to remain impartial to all the different internet providers who now offer superfast fibre in the same way bt do.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 9

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

BT have chosen to not allow their customers to see what speeds they are syncing at or their line statistics. Some providers like sky do allow this functionality however. .

The advertising of superfast broadband is just to let you know you can get fibre in your area. Its not 80/20 or a certain speed but just the fact its now there. They cant advertise it as infinity as its openreach who are advertising, not bt, and they (openreach) have to remain impartial to all the different internet providers who now offer superfast fibre in the same way bt do.

They write articles with Sueperfast being FTTC and Ultrafast being FTTP but FTTC is subject to change as you mentioned due to technology enhancements.

0 Ratings
disillusioned
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Thanks folks,

Just got in from hospital, so will catch up later.

In the mean time - Just to clarify:

in my para 2) the Superfast that I'm on about is the all singing all dancing superduperfast stuff that kicked off here in Cornwall.

It dosn't refer to Infinity 1 or 2.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

@ryant704 wrote:

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

They write articles with Sueperfast being FTTC and Ultrafast being FTTP but FTTC is subject to change as you mentioned due to technology enhancements.

Openreach still refer to FTTP as being superfast. Its just articles surounding it have used the phrase "ultra-fast".

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 9

Cornwall is one the most accessible place for superfast (FTTC) broadband and certain areas are planned for ultrafast broadband (FTTP).

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

They say superfast as being 25mbps+

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 9

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

They say superfast as being 25mbps+

For a single user that is enough for streaming, gamng etc (a 10 Mbps connection would be good enough!). For families with multipul users bandwidth is more demanded as they need it.

The future will be FTTP though as the price will come down over time.

0 Ratings