Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyJF
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Accessing saved emails after switching service providers

Hi,

I'm thinking of changing service provider, i realise i wont be able to keep my openworld email address without paying a fee, but what happens to saved emails that i have put into various folders i have created on the yahoo mail page.

I assume these are stored on their server.

Will I still be able to access them after they close my account

Thanks 

Andy

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Accessing saved emails after switching service providers

If your email address is ceased, then all emails associated with it will be deleted. The alternative would be to forward them onto another address of yours OR using a client (outlook for example) download the mails and save them to a file. You can them import them to your chosen client at any point in the future.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

To save all of the folders, you will have to use a mail client that can connect to the IMAP server. This will download all of the folders and the contents, so you can save them.

You old account will revert to a basic webmail account, which can only be accessed via a web browser.

If you want to download your mail, then here is one free option Thunderbird setup

AndyJF
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks,
Going to give the Thunderbird option a go.
Iv'e got outlook but find it wont download the individual folders, only the inbox messages.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@AndyJF wrote:
Thanks,
Going to give the Thunderbird option a go.
Iv'e got outlook but find it wont download the individual folders, only the inbox messages.

That is why Thunderbird is set up to use IMAP, which replicates the folders.

If you need any help, then let me know.