cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

According to BT unable to get Fibre even though Openreach says it is available.

I live on a very large modern housing estate in North Derbyshire.  Broadband has been poor over the past years, and has got worse in the last 6 months.  I can get anywhere between 0.5 and 5 mb.

Virgin Media have just started digging up the place to install ducts and cables, which has promted OpenReach to upgrade us to Fibre too.

Lots of the estate got FTTC months ago, but some parts including our close got a message saying that we were too far from the cabinet and further work to provide FTTP was ongoing.  I chatted to the engineer (a sub contractor of OpenReach) working in an inspection chamber at the bottom of our close a month ago now.  He showed me the black fibre connection distribution box  in the chamber and said that it was all installed and ready to be able to pull a fibre through the duct from our front door to this box and we would then have FTTP.  He said to give it 2 weeks and I would be able to order.

So, now 4 weeks later and finally the Openreach website says it is accepting orders.  Brilliant I thought, so I rang BT yesterday.  Unfortunately BT told me (after I was passed via 4 people) that there is no product I can order.  Essentially they told me yesterday that I cannot have Fibre.  They are unable to explain why.

Help!  I am tied into BT until September 2018 so would ideally like to upgrade my BT broadband rather than going to another supplier (who might have similar issues) and Virgin is likely to be 4-5 months away as well.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Re: According to BT unable to get Fibre even though Openreach says it is available.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

Re: According to BT unable to get Fibre even though Openreach says it is available.

It doesn't look like it no.  It gives me a speed range of 5.5 to 12.5, which is not FTTC or FTTP

However OpenReach says FTTP is now accepting orders.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

can you post checker results as it helps when posting suggestions and if need mod invilement

until checker shows FTTP/FTTC available then you are not going to make progress 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 20

20171121_133947v2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

Is this what you need?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Can you try the address checker instead of the telephone number checker please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

The telephone checker is the most accurate and is what will be used by BT to establish what services you can get. It would appear that you are not able to get fibre whether that is FTTP or FTTC.

It may be that Openreach will eventually offer it to your property but until then there is nothing you can do to speed it up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Other premises connected to cabinet 11 have FTTP available according to the address checker
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

@ adslmaxOK, so I checked the address checker and it now quotes cabinet 27 but also says that FTTP is available.

0 Ratings