cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: According to BT unable to get Fibre even though Openreach says it is available.

Sounds like the BT database is messed up
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 20

Re: According to BT unable to get Fibre even though Openreach says it is available.

@gg30340 I am not sure why you say that OpenReach don't offer me fibre at the moment.  The OpenReach checker and the evidence on the ground say fibre is available.  I waited until the OpenReach checker said accepting orders before I tried to order with BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

@XC70 wrote:

@gg30340 I am not sure why you say that OpenReach don't offer me fibre at the moment.  The OpenReach checker and the evidence on the ground say fibre is available.  I waited until the OpenReach checker said accepting orders before I tried to order with BT.

I said that because it is Openreach who supply the information for the BTWholesale checker that you used on this forum and it is that checker that BT and other ISPs use to establish what you can get.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 20

Thank you, so I understand a bit more now.

So to summarise:-

- Evidence on the ground shows that FTTP is available.

- Openreach Fibre Checker on their website says accepting orders

- BT wholesale checker on the phone number says fibre not available (cabinet 11)

- BT wholesale checker on the address says fibre available (cabinet 27)

Thanks for all your help so far, but any idea how I can now move this forward?

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 20

the most accurate is the phone number when using the checker not the address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 20

OK. So if I put in either the phone number or the address to the openreach checker it says accepting orders. So why would the database link posted on here say differently?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 20

just as @gg30340 said all the ISPs will use your phone number in the dslchecker and it does not show fibre available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 20

Ok so I understand that now thanks. But the openreach checker says it is available and the engineer in the road says it is available so how do I go forward? Thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

Openreach make it available to their customers who are the ISPs. It is then up to the ISPs to make it available to their customers, you.

The ISPs can only do this once the BTWholesale checker has been updated to reflect that Fibre is available.

Out of interest have you tried to order fibre from any of the other ISPs just to see if they can offer it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 20 of 20

I checked sky and it says available.....
0 Ratings