Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dunworkin
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Account Update Verification

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

My Wife has just received an email from "BT Yahoo Account Update" saying that her email account has exceeded its limit and needs to be verified, if not done in 24 hours the account will be suspended.

I or my wife have never received an email like this in all the time we have been with BT Yahoo so I am not sure if it is a genuine email or not.

Does anyone know if it is OK to proceed and verify the account or if it is a SCAM?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
SuffolkKev
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Account Update Verification

Go to solution

Definitely a scam. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Scam, delete it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Dunworkin wrote:

Hi Guys,

My Wife has just received an email from "BT Yahoo Account Update" saying that her email account has exceeded its limit and needs to be verified, if not done in 24 hours the account will be suspended.

I or my wife have never received an email like this in all the time we have been with BT Yahoo so I am not sure if it is a genuine email or not.

Does anyone know if it is OK to proceed and verify the account or if it is a SCAM?

Hi.

The email you've received will be a phsih email attempting to get at your details. There is no verification to go through, as there are no email limits.

The link will not go to a BT website, but a scam site (probably itself hacked/hijacked) and when entering your details - these would actually be transmitted to the phishers.

Not genuine.

rdravia
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
ACCOUNT UPDATE VERIFICATION? the phisher is j**y*********
0 Ratings