cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Accurate street cabinet information

Does anyone know if there is a way of finding out exactly when a particular street cabinet is planned to be upgraded to fibre?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Accurate street cabinet information

no

even openreach don't know exactly when a street cabinet will be upgraded as problems can occur all the time - lack of a nearby power supply or blocked ducts in the road just as an example

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for that.

However, there is a difference between planned work and actual dates.  What I want to know is if my cabinet is likely to be upgraded, with a rough timescale, or whether there is no intention of doing it in the foreseeable future.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Additionally I was told by BT that I could email Openreach for information on their website.  However, I can't find a way of doing this.  If anyone could provide a link, this would be most helpful.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

the email link to Openreach has been closed now only Openreach have the information and they consider it commercially sensitive information
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Enter your phone number and post results.  Remember to delete number.   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

This site has cabinet specific information http://fttc-check.alc.im/. Hopefully yours will show a deployment date.

Also, according to this post https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Changes-imminent-to-the-Openreach-s-Superfa... the Openreach site will be changing shortly to show cabinet level results if your exchange is already enabled. Worth keeping an eye on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for this. I haven't seen this site before.  Unfortunately it seems to confirm that my cabinet isn't going to be upgraded!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

What is the status for your cabinet?

I can't get FTTC yet despite my exchange being enabled, through that site my Status is 'Being deployed as part of BDUK' with no Deployment Date. So I guess it will be getting done, just not sure when.

Hopefully when Openreach update their site it may tell me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Unfortunately I think it's a basket case:  "Not being deployed as part of BT's 66% Commercial Plan"  even though my exchange has also recently been upgraded.  I find this strange as it's a normal residential area with plenty of houses, and less than a mile from the exchange.

0 Ratings