Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Acer Aspire 5520 Wireless Connection

Go to solution

Wonder if anyone can help?

Swapped over to BT last week, I have the HH3 set up and working perfectly with everything except for one laptop.

We have multiple PC's/Laptops/Phones/Game Consoles that I have set up to work wirelessly without trouble, but this one laptop has me baffled? It just will not connect?

Its an Acer Aspire 5520, running Windows Vista (Home Premium), the wirless card is an Atheros AR5007EG, I am sure the drivers are upto date (7.3.1.42) so really am unsure why this won't connect?

If I was a complete noob I would have expected problems but as above this has me baffled.

And to make matters worse it's my laptop Smiley Frustrated

Any help to get this sorted would help ease the frustration this is causing 🙂

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Acer Aspire 5520 Wireless Connection

Go to solution
have you removed all wireless settings from your old isp then let windows re find the wireless connection
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

you can try this 

wireless help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks to you both for the quick answer, but I have sorted this now, prior to reading your responses. I had looked on Acer's site for downloads software/drivers etc.... for differennt models of laptops. but the drivers on their were not the latest, I have found somewhere to download a later version 🙂 and now all systems go 🙂

From reading around the drivers i had installed doesn't allow the AR5007EG to connect to Wireless 'N' routers. Well thats what the tinternet says so not sure if that bit is true, but later drivers have fixed the problem

thanks again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
glad it is all ok now post back any time you need any help
0 Ratings