Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnX
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Acer Aspire One will only connect via Fon now on HH 2

As you say, really strange problem...

No solution found as yet. During log-on to my normal SSID it returns a 'disconnected' message before passing on (and logging on) to Fon!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

It looks as if FON is set to a higher position on your list of preferred wireless connections.
Is there any way to change the order? I know that the Atheros WiFi manager on my EeePC, has the facility to change the order of connections, by adding them to a special list.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Lib
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

I'm having a similiar kind of problem with my Aspire One. When I first enter the WEP code into the netbook it connects to the hub fine, but if I let the screen saver lock the netbook or reboot it, it will only connect to Openzone/Fon and not my own connection unless I re-enter the code.

0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 15

There has been talk of an bios update for the network card to solve problems under linux, could be worth a try.

also seen the below which helped someone else, not sure if it would help you as, like others I haven't had much contact with Linux in years

1)Go to Files, then My Documents.
2)In the left pane, scroll to the top and select "Home"
3)Under the My Documents window, go to File and then select Terminal.
4) From terminal type:
sudo
5) Then type:
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /system/networking
(make sure you leave a space between each of "sudo" "gconftool-2" "--recursive-unset" and "/system/networking")

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 15

Had same problem on wifes acer i dissabled  bt fon ...rebooted ,re typed network key  and hey presto ................i......must be an accer bug .................

0 Ratings