Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 23

Re: Activating my Sky Viewing Card

@billybob69 wrote:

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

Yep, I understand that my card not being registered to my address (that and as I have never been a Sky customer and therefore are not on their database) is the problem.

What I'm really looking for is the answer as to how a BT BB / landline customer with a working sky dish and box (but is not on Sky's database) can BT Sport????

One BT Rep has told me the solution is that I am sent a new sky card (and BT can arrange this), another BT Rep is telling me that it is not possible for BT to do this and the only solution is to become a Sky subscriber!

If you look on the 'Freesat from Sky' web pages it states that you can buy a viewing card for that service from Sky for a one-off charge of £25. You would then be a subscriber on their database with an active viewing card.

If you bought a card for £25 registered against your correct address, telephone number (representing your BT Broadband line) and Sky box, then BT should be able to enable the free BT Sport pack channels on it. Others are receiving free BT Sport channels on the Freesat from Sky platform.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 23

It might be worth asking Sky if they can just re-register the card you have to you for the Freesat from Sky service (saving you £25), but good luck with that! Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 23

Note that I think the recording functionality is disabled on Freesat from Sky registered boxes unless you pay Sky an additional monthly fee to enable it.

0 Ratings