cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobbs88uk
Message 1 of 8

Activation Delay

Go to solution

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on why it will take so long to activate my line, when it is already live and doesn't require an engineer to visit.

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Omniscient
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Activation Delay

Go to solution
Hi hobbs88uk,

If you have moved into a property and there is a active line im assuming from the previous occupiers there is a minimum lead time of 14working days as your order will be classed as a working line takeover,the 14days is in place not just by service providers but also the regulator,BT have to attempt to contact and notify the account holder of the line to advise them that you or someone else is trying to take control of the line and if they receive no response you order is then progressed,BT will place a stop order on the line in preperation of your order to go live however even though the lead time is 14days it is possible the line may stop early ie the previous occupier could contact BT and request an immediate stop that way you could get service a lot quicker that's of course if you have contact with them but it's a shame as some people just move out and don't bother to stop/close the line/account making delays longer for people who need service.

Goodluck
Inherent omniscience - the ability to know anything that one chooses to know and can be known
0 Ratings
hobbs88uk
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Omniscient,

Thanks for you help.   Now that I have confirmed with the previous tennant that he has asked for his account to be stopped, would it now be the case that my estimated activation date could be moved closer?

Thanks Again.

0 Ratings
Omniscient
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Yes but this depends when the line stops as soon as it stops you can call BT to check it has if so BT can call openreach and request to bring your start date forward openreach can activate a stopped line within 24-36 hours.

Also if you have an order for BB with BT attached to the same order for the line this will usually not be provisioned untill 5working days after line activation,if you want BB with another provider expect 5-10 days for activation and also sometime an extra 2days for you number to show on any BB availability checkers.
Inherent omniscience - the ability to know anything that one chooses to know and can be known
0 Ratings
hobbs88uk
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks again! 

Phoned them this morning and got the line activated within an hour of calling them!

Now they just seem to be dragging their heels with changing the order status to complete so I can order broadband... 

0 Ratings
Omniscient
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Great! Also the order should close of soon but that's systems for you,just keep checking as wholesale update there database of new active numbers very quick
0 Ratings
Highlighted
clee328
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi,

I seem to be in the same situation as you - I know that the previous tenants have cancelled their account and deactivated the line for at least 3 weeks now, so I phoned BT with the hope of pushing the activation date forward. However they told me that it would still take 16 days. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

0 Ratings
fedfan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
No body told me this when I ordered but would make sense considering I was originally told 20th august and now looks like being 4th September. At least I hope that's the case.
0 Ratings