cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Activation Problem

my Broadband activation date on the sales order was given as 18th September I have now rang them for the 5th time on 6th October and still not activated pulling my hair out as the stock reply is " we will have to talk to our suppliers " forgive my ignorance but aren't BT the suppliers ???
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Activation Problem

BT Retail are your ISP but the line and activation are handles by openreach although part of BT Group are a separate company

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

also under OFCOM rules BT gets no preferential treatment from Openreach over any other providers
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Activation problems

Timeline
Ordered Broadband on 7/9/2015
Delivered router 12/9/205
Landline working 12/9/2015
Activation date for Broadband given as 18/9/2015
Have contacted help on the following dates
19/23/26/30 Sept
1/5/8 October
And Broadband still not activated as of 9th October
The stock answer from Help is "we will have to contact our suppliers " I have no other contact Nos for BT can anyone point me in the right direction or offer a way forward to try to resolve this Activation Issue

Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Re: Activation problems

as you don't seem to be making any progress see if mods who are bt employees and help  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi Vic2,

I am really sorry to hear that about the problems you have had with your order.

I've dropped you a private message, which includes the link to our order team. You can chat with them online.  This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out.

Should you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.

Thanks

PaddyB

Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Hi PaddyB. Thanks for your advice and chatted to Phillis on the link you gave and she was a good listener but failed to explain why i had no Broadband  and  my activation issue is still not resolved as of today 14th Oct. It was bad enough i could not order Infinity as i wanted but not to be able to have basic copper Broadband is bordering on the rediculous. Can anyone in BT explain what is actually causing such a problem

regards Vic.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

still no broadband as of 15th Oct this is now bordering on incompetence, is there no way of  finding out what catastrophic event has happened in BT16 1WT to prevent a simple request for a Broadband line to be provided and activated on an already working telephone line  ???? Can anyone in BT take ownership of this or is customer care a dirty word

waiting in anticipation Vic Forster 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

I have asked mods to help again

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 10 of 10

Hi Vic2, 

I am sorry that you are still without your broadband. If you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will see what is causing the delay and hopefully get things speeded up. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings