Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scooter300
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Activation date now passed, Customer Service not helping

Go to solution

Hi,

My issue is my activation date was 19th August and I am not connected, no phone line or broadband is likd to my account according to BT website.

MyBT says there is a problem and I can track the progress, but it stops at 19th, no further details.

I had a webchat with the Indian facility a few days before 19th and was told it was all going ahead on 19th.

Saturday 20th my existing TalkTalk connection dropped out, so i assumed it has gone ahead. No internet for a few hours, but orange light on new hub.

Late evening my TalkTalk connections is back?

I followed the web setup /checker for the hub, it gave me a number to call and state "no connection".

I called this number numerous times, having to explain my situation everytime to different operators, each time i was passed to "connections"....and each time it was either cut off while on hold and I eventually got a message saying they were shut.

Not giving up I started another web chat and seemed to get somewhere as the operator stated there was a problem and would need.......thats as far as it got as she disconnected the session. It then went into a countdown for a reconnection, which never happened. 

I tried again and went through it all again with the next operator who told me it wasnt something her dept could solve, I needed to tlak to "connections". Naturally I knew was going to happen as they are closed, so she offered to call me back today Sunday 21st August and would connect me directly to them.

I was hopeful enough when she called, asked me to wait while she connected my call......to be greeted by a meaasge telling me they were closed!!!!!!!!!!

An utter waste of time and hours spent on hold, web chatting and no further information gained.

I know this issue seems to be on the forum a lot but I would just like someone to look into this and give me an idea of whats happening please?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
scooter300
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Activation date now passed, Customer Service not helping

Go to solution

PS I have never been told I needed an engineer, nothing of the like was mentioned or arranged.

My current connection is FTC (38mb) through TalkTalk. Checks via the BT website confirm its all compatible.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@scooter300 I'm really sorry about the issues with your new connection, if you need any help with this please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
scooter300
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Hi,

Any news as all internet now off. No connections to either old TT or new BT. MyBT app still stating no phone line attached to account?
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @scooter300 Sorry you have no internet. Did you take up Neil with the offer of help and complete the form for the Mod team? 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
scooter300
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Hi yes I did, I sent it minutes after he replied.
0 Ratings
scooter300
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
I've just been cut off again having called 0800 111 4567. I have called 150 and was told to wait until 30th August!!!
0 Ratings
scooter300
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Also, I am logged into the forum but cannot select contact the mods, only pm option. I wish I'd had never thought about switching as now have nothing!

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
if you have already contacted the mod team them your mail is in their mail queue they will contact you personally by email or phone within the next 3/5 working days this excludes weekends and bank holidays

the link is time limited also the mods cannot help via PM's
0 Ratings