Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GWright
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Activation date passed

Hi,

I placed an order to have a BT phone line connected last week - it all semed to go through ok, I got the confirmation email and was given an estimated activation date of 3rd June. Now I don't have any way of checking the line at home as we do not have an actual phone in the property - however, I've tracked my order this morning and it is still listed as 'open'. The estimated completion date is still given as yesterday though and I haven't had any contact via email regarding a delay or problem with my order. Is there any way of checking what the situation is in more detail?

Thanks in advance,

Gavin

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
GWright
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Activation date passed

OK, I have contacted BT by phone - apparently my order did not go through properly but it has been re-submitted with a new order ID and phone number. The woman I spoke to was very helpful although frustratingly there wasn't any information available as to why the order failed. I have been given a new activation date of Tuesday 8th - hopefully this time BT will notify me if there is a problem, or at least it will show up on the order tracking! I will let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Gavin

0 Ratings
sarah7686
Message 3 of 4

i placed an order with bt for a phone line to be activated...had no dial tone and my phone line still isnt active and its passed my activation date

0 Ratings
Highlighted
optatus
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

You would have to contact BT who would check the Openreach system. If it's past the activation date then there has been a problem, either further engineer work was needed or the order wasn't booked correctly on the backend system

0 Ratings