cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fidge
Message 1 of 13

Activation day? Lies!

After being a happy o2 customer I didn't want to go to BT as didn't feel a need to but I am a BT employee so it makes sense to make use of my free employee broadband benefit. After all the corporate vision and mission statements and the emphasis on getting things right first time in BT I expected nothing less than a perfect customer experience! I was wrong! Promised activation day was yesterday so after waiting till after midnight as instructed still here using my o2 broadband to write this so this activation day promise was a shallow one and BT has failed they have broken a promise and not got it right first time! To make matters worse I have just tried calling the help desk stated on this site as 24 hours a day 365 days a year to be told by recorded message that the help desk is closed!? Why would BT lie to it's customers so? Needless to say I will be taking this up at work tomorrow!
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
lmosley
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Activation day? Lies!

lol nice to know an employee feels the same as the customers 😛

Hope you get it sorted soon 😉

0 Ratings
Paigntonian
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 13

Hi Fidge, I feel your pain.... I joined in November, and BT still havent ironed out the bugs in my broadband.

The company is a joke!

And Im glad you have had the 'lines closed' message, because when I reported that on here a few days ago, certain members accused me of lying!!

hmm I think an apology is in order Smiley Wink

Anyway, if I were you mate Id stick with O2.

You might be paying, but atleast you get a decent service, unlike this mess!!

------Marc------
0 Ratings
everybodylovesjoe
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Hi there,

Would you mind telling us what line of business you work in at BT, obviously it has no effect on your issue but I'm interested? In terms of why your broadband transfer was delayed, there's a lot of potential things that can slow down or break a broadband order when you import the service from one company to another, but I'm pretty sure the Rep you spoke to wouldn't have been lying (where's the benefit to BT of giving you an install date which they know that can't keep?). It's possible that the person who placed the order cocked up and just clicked on the wrong date of course.

As for the 24/7 help desk, it hasn't changed and if you dial 08001114567 your call will be picked up 24/7. I hear a lot of the internal numbers have been changed round recently, so if you're trying to bypass the call routing menus or are dialing a different number you might find your call gets sent somewhere unexpected or lost completely. 

Let us know when you find out what caused the delay (or, depending on your line of business, have a sneaky check?)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Paigntonian
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 13

everybodylovesjoe

Trust me mate, whatever number I ring, after 10pm, the lines are closed.

------Marc------
0 Ratings
everybodylovesjoe
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Hi paigntonian,

I tried giving them a ring last night after 10 just before I posted to make sure, and got into the queue for an advisor. I'd double check the number you're ringing.

0 Ratings
Paigntonian
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

Trust me mate, I know the number to the tech line, Ive rang it enough!!

------Marc------
0 Ratings
everybodylovesjoe
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Marc,

As has been pointed out here and in your other thread the lines are definitely open, if you dial 08001114567 right now, and then type in your phone number when the nice computer woman asks you'll be put into the queue for an advisor straight away. If you don't type in your number or try to bring up the the normal menu that you get during the day then you'll hear the message that says call back during our normal opening hours.

You claim not to be an idiot, so I fail to see how you can have so much trouble with this, unless you got it wrong at first and are sticking to your guns (in which case argument kudos, sir) or think that claiming BT are lying about their phone line opening hours will somehow make people not want to sign up with them (in which case you could have thought of something much more interesting, like instead of sending you a homehub they sent you a deceased cat).

0 Ratings
Paigntonian
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

Oh look, another BT loyalist!!!

Maybe I was ringing another BT with another tech line?

Erm, no.

Maybe I was actually hearing things... maybe the recorded message didnt say 'sorry the help desk is closed' maybe it actually said 'please hold, you are being sent to India'.

The new depths to which the BT loyalist will stoop to, to rubbish any complaints a disgruntled customer has astounds me.

------Marc------
0 Ratings
everybodylovesjoe
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

@Paigntonian wrote:

Oh look, another BT loyalist!!!

LOL. That sounds excellent, I might make myself a suit of armour with the BT logo on it and ride round the countryside on horseback shouting 'IT'S GOOD TO TALK!'.

Seriously though, anyone who is interested/sad enough can call tech help and see that someone does pick up. I personally like the idea of some poor person sitting up in the wee hours getting calls along the lines of 'just checking you're there'.

Prehaps you would also care to explain how or why BT would want to set up a system that only accepts calls from BT 'brownnosers' as you claimed in the other thread - I can't see a company employing a call centre full of staff to take calls telling them how great they are. Then maybe you could explain why you're such a massive crackpot.

0 Ratings