cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonHatch
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Active Sync wiped my contacts!

Help! After deleting all the contacts from my Touch 2 so I could re-install them fresh from Outlook on my laptop, I connected my phone, via USB, to  Active Sync them from my laptop back on to my phone. What appears to have happened is the reverse, and it because my phone had no contacts on it, when I synced, it copied my phone contacts (which was empty) from my phone to Outlook, so I've lost the lot!!

Do any clever people out there know if they are hiding anywhere? Or am I doomed?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Stormbringer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Active Sync wiped my contacts!

hi

sorry thats happened to you but i suspect your doomed unless you exported your contact list

same thing happened to me with the Hero but fortunately i keep my contacts backed up to my documents or somewhere and just had to import them back in , theres a setting in sync to stop that happening tho

0 Ratings
Highlighted
davidjohnbutton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Depending on which version of outlook you were using, it may be possible that a backup has been created which you can retrieve.  See http://www.argentuma.com/backup/outlook-backup.html for details of which types of file to look for.

0 Ratings
Warhammer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Hi, why don't you use Microsoft My Phone?

0 Ratings
miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I always keep my Windows Live Mail contacts up to date, so when I activated the Windows Live app on my Touch2, it asked if I wanted to transfer my contact details to my mobile. I said "Yes", and just like that it was all up-to-date. Very easy.

0 Ratings