cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smileymiles
Message 791 of 930

Re: Adam and Jane from the BT TV ads - what will happen next?

THIS REPLY IS AWESOME.  JUST FEEL THE SAME.

0 Ratings
yolanda
Beginner
Message 792 of 930

Love those soap ads. Similar to the coffee and cointraeu series we saw in the past. Listen everyone. Adam and Jane are obviously on the button so she is most unlikely to get herself pregnant, so take it from me... She is not pregnant.

However she is brooding. lol!!! She misses Adam and she is thinking about having a baby, no doubt about that... But she is worried sick. For 5 years she has held on to a big secret... She may not be able to make a baby with AdamSmiley Sad Her last pregnancy was so complicated, she was warned that future pregnancies may put her life (and the baby's) at risk. But for now she needs a shoulder to cry on and adam better be there for her and not play thick or take her for granted... tut...tut... tut... Men!!! Smiley Wink

Who wants a boring pregnancy, followed by marriage, followed by living happily ever after? We want action... very soapy actionSmiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
chrishevey
Message 793 of 930

Tomwilsoncopp is not alone. Jane is a manipulative money grabbing leech and a bunny boiler.

Luckily, I've only seen this once, which is handy as it's really boring the way they drag this drivel out. I also agree with the poster who suggested bringing Busby back!

0 Ratings
Pammyj
Message 794 of 930

Oh how I agree with Jax1.  Jane is a scheming woman and I really can't stand her, she always has such a supercilious smile on her face.  Dump her Adam and find yourself someone with a sense of fun and who REALLY cares about you instead of looking for a meal ticket.

0 Ratings
Amazonmothe
Message 795 of 930

I find these adverts miscast and Jane an absolute golddigger.  I think 'Adam' should walk and she should go back to her husband.  The advert has none of the magic of Gold Blend as the 'Jane' actress is not engaging and I don't want her to 'snare' the rather naive Adam.  The actress who plays Jane is miscast as I have seen her in other things but the role of 'cougar' with cubs does not fit and to be brutally honest I flick the channels when it comes one because it irritates me so much. 

0 Ratings
shellybelly
Beginner
Message 796 of 930

Why has she got to be pregnant? Surely BT have a duty of care to keep good moral standards. They have the power to influence the actions of many young women. Having her pregnant is sending out the wrong message to young women.

These adverts suggests its ok to find a guy to take on your children from a previous liason, set up a semblance of a home whether the children like him or not, selfishly consider your own feelings first before those of your children, and play happy families. Bt showed the children not getting on with him in the first instance, and it seems to still be that way with the boy. What mother in their right mind would put her own feelings first before those of her children? What mother would force her children to live with a man they so obviously don't like.

BT have got it all wrong with this. This shows them as completely irresponsible adults, having an unplanned pregnancy at their ages. This is the kind of thing this society has come to expect from teenagers, not grown adults in their thirties. Just who are BT targetting with this advert? Are BT saying it's ok to get pregnant by your next squeeze after your divorce. I would have thought the fact her marriage has broken up and the children have been affected by the separation would have been a lesson for her. Seems not. BT would have her bring a child into the world when she isn't taking care of the feelings of her existing children. NOT RIGHT BT.

BT should not be considering making her pregnant. They should make her menopausal, ending any chance of unplanned pregnancy, as BT are suggesting here. Or make her ill, and see how they all pull together in the situation. As to my eye it looks like the relationships are, Adam and Jane, Jane and her children, but NO Adam, Jane and children. They don't function as a family, they don't come across on camera as a family, they're completely unconvincing. The most unconvincing one was the wedding ad where he gave a speech. It was her and the kids, then him. The divide was obvious.

It's plain wrong and immoral to make her pregnant. Wake up and smell the coffee BT. The power of advertising is immense, and you should know it. Do your duty and keep the moral high ground with these adverts. Separate them, make them live apart, and wait until her children have flown the nest before she marries the guy. Then, and only then, let her have another baby, but why she'd want to have an other child after she has two older ones is beyond me.

COME ON BT, WAKE UP. YOU CAN DO SO MUCH DAMAGE WITH THESE ADS.

Shelly

0 Ratings
misanthropist
Beginner
Message 797 of 930

Adam and Jane from the BT TV ads - what will happe...

Adam does not turn up, he has found that he can save money by paying his annual phone line rental in one payment, this leaves him short for the bus fare but will give him more beer money to spend with his mates.

Sorry Jane.

ps I'm free this weekend  lol

0 Ratings
Nomadchick
Message 798 of 930

My family lives in America and I live in England. I subscribed for the International Freedom plan which is good for them as calling my mobile is expensive and landline is dirt cheap. I use my 600 minutes every month to talk to them about anything and everything. When they were visiting me in England this summer, we didn't even feel that we hadn't seen each other for 2 1/2 years because using my BT line was the next best thing to seeing each other in person!

Adam could have a job where he travels to all the different destinations that the International Freedom plan is valid for and call Jane from those countries and catch up on each other's life. When they meet in person back in England they could be talking as if they were never apart. Thus the ad would reflect that in a modern globalised society people need to travel all the time, but good old fashioned family values and good communication need never go out of fashion !

0 Ratings
Mizog
Message 799 of 930

Oh God, I CANT STAND these two. Sick of the sight of them.

This is what should happen : There's Jane rubbing her stomach whilst talking with Adam. She's not pregnant . No rather she's got a bad case of the you-know-whats from a takeaway the night before.  The takeaway was bought buy her ex-husband who, it transpires in a previous ad, is a lot better looking than Adam.  So Jane is now telling Adam on the phone that she's dumping him and going back to her Ex. 

No doubt, this will not happen and all we will have to suffer another set of ad's to witness the ever-changing hairstyles of Jane.

0 Ratings
Mizog
Message 800 of 930

Ahem....

Tis I again. Having just read the last few pages of this forum, it does strike me that our Jane and Adam aint what you'd call, popular.

No, in fact having read some of the text, I reckon their days are numbered if it was down to the general public. So Im reviewing my previous wish list and would like to offer the following :

Jane has another haircut and has a lie down to contemplate her next one. Her stalker, Adam,  who is in the bed next to her, is on the blower straight away to inform her that he does like her hair longer but preferred it in the other ad when it was a shorter style.  Jane rubs her stomach as she has been told by her hairdresser that this is a fool proof way of stimulating hair follicles.

Many hours later and realising that her stalker is in the bed next to her, Jane is faced with the age old decision of whether to call the Police or contemplate redecorating the bedroom as it appears that the last effort left her with a room of two distinctly different looks. She does not remember instructing the interior designer to create a 'batchelor pad come homely house wife room of two halves'.

Adam, gives up his campaign of phone/bed stalking and leaves to join the DFS team as he's heard that there's a chance he could use his talents as a sofa stalker instead.

Jane steps down from her prolific acting life and undertakes a career in Trichology.

0 Ratings