Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Add ons do not appear in My Phone

Go to solution

Can anyone confirm that Add-ons to your phone line e.g. Anytine Unlimited Calls or International Freedom do not appear under the My Phone ssection of your My BT portal and are only listed on your monthly bill? 

All that I have as evidence until my next bill, that my existing Add-ons which had been "lost" when my broadband was upgrade to BT Infinity, have been reinstated, is the saved transcript of a chat session with BT customer support. I am concerned that use of these in the meantime may lead to substantial charges which will thenn have to be reimbursed by yet further calls to BT.

Can anyone from BT provide an explanation as to why this is the case and why this feature cannot be implemented in the My BT/My Phone part of the customer's portal i.e. so that the customer can see what phone services they are subscribed to and paying for? Being retired it is a good while since I did n-tier application development but the relational data model required here here is surely quite trivial.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: Add ons do not appear in My Phone

Go to solution

All the new broadband and phone packages offered by BT have weekend calls only.  If you want anything better for phone calls, then it's now an add-on extra, for a few pounds per month.

Even though this has been the case for many months now, the MyBT web page still can't handle that.  Regardless of what phone add-on you have subscribed to, it always says you just have weekend calls.

The only way you can tell is by looking at your bills and/or any order confirmations you have received.

Actually, it's quite common for the information in MyBT to be wrong.  BT has so many new and legacy packages in its portfolio that the people who program the web site can't cope.  It frequently misses out things you have, or just gives the wrong name for the package you have.  BT has many legacy packages with almost identical names, but completely different pricing, so it's really important to know what you've actually got.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go directly to BT and although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read

looking at MY BT my addons are not there either only on the BILL
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

See this from the Mods - it is a known problem that BT do not appear able to fix - my unlimited calls have never appeared on MyBT.  https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Missing-package-information-on-some-MyBT-accounts-update-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks for all the replies: I understand the situation now.

Good to know from the URL to the Mods that BT are working hard on a fix to provide customer phone add-ons in My BT/My Phone and that 14 months later thay have stil not provided this feature. What a world class organistion BT are 😉

Once I am out of contract with BT I am going back to Zen Internet for my telephony and broadband: they may be a bit  expensive but they are super competent.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

I have to agree that the misinformation on the MyBT page is at times ridiculous. I have had BT TV in one form or another for nearly 4 years. During that time the MyBT page (or whatever it used to be called) has never shown the correct TV package for my account (never mind any TV extras). I have learned to just ignore it and check that my bills list the correct services. Is it really so difficult for the MyBT system to extract the correct data when the billing system can clearly do it? 

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Regardless of the technical challenges of extracting the customer phone package add-on data for presentation in My BT/My Phone the Community Manager that posted on this in the forums back February 2013 really ought to provide an update on why nothing has happened in 15 months given that it was seen then as a priority. Says it all really about BT and it their committment to customer service.

As to the reasons why this  has not happened. Openreach is staffed by engineers who are pretty competent and understand what they are doing as they manage the underlying infrastructure. The BT service layers on top of this have a top heavy mamangement structure with upteen layers and lots of overpaid idiots working for them: my brother-in-law is a case in point, six figure salary in BT middle management, can just about tie his shoelaces and spends half the year in Mumbai outsourcing services. It is almost impossibel to drive any change through this management morass that is not coming from the top down.

On a practical level I would guess that the phone billing system is probably written in Cobol and dates form the 1970's, runs batch jobs to produce monthly bills and may not even have a relational database behind it and is not really part of any real-time data flow hence why the My Phone part of My BT only includes the phone package associated with your My Broadband package and a link to your monthly bills. it is just there to make the My BT portal look visually consistent.

Whilst this billing system might be tricky to get data out of for the My BT web app there are several ways that this could be done and there is no real excuse for not doing so other than it is obviously not a priority regardless of the statements made in these forums to the contrary. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Here's an interesting point.

If I go into the My TV part of the web site, select to manage my TV package and input my phone number and postcode it displays information about my current package correctly within a few seconds. It shows that I'm on TV Entertainment (not **bleeping** TV Essential!). It shows that I subscribe to Sky Sports. It also seems to show that I don't currently subscribe to other Bolt-ons (unless the default is always just for those to be unselected). The only part still seemingly in a world of its own is BT Sport.

Suggestion to BT:

Why not submit the same database query or queries in the background when building up the data to display on the main MyBT page. I'm sure the system already has access to my account phone number and postcode. Then display the correct information on the MyBT main page. Just a thought. Smiley Frustrated

P.S. Out of interest if someone selects to change their calling plan on the My Phone page does it correctly show the current plan and extras for their account? Don't submit any order, just cancel and return to the main page.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

@umpire wrote:

Here's an interesting point.

If I go into the My TV part of the web site, select to manage my TV package and input my phone number and postcode it displays information about my current package correctly within a few seconds. It shows that I'm on TV Entertainment (not **bleeping** TV Essential!). It shows that I subscribe to Sky Sports. It also seems to show that I don't currently subscribe to other Bolt-ons (unless the default is always just for those to be unselected). The only part still seemingly in a world of its own is BT Sport.

Suggestion to BT:

Why not submit the same database query or queries in the background when building up the data to display on the main MyBT page. I'm sure the system already has access to my account phone number and postcode. Then display the correct information on the MyBT main page. Just a thought. Smiley Frustrated

P.S. Out of interest if someone selects to change their calling plan on the My Phone page does it correctly show the current plan and extras for their account? Don't submit any order, just cancel and return to the main page. Not for me just says this  We've noticed that your current calling plan add-on is not available with your new package. If you would like to take a new calling plan add-on, please select one below

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

I have now writtent to BT asking them why no progress has been made in providing a fix to this issue in the 15 months that have elapsed since a CM undertook that BT would do so in these forums and despite them "working hard" on the issue meanwhile.

I will keep this thread posted - unlike the aforementioned BT CM - as the repsonse should be amusing.

0 Ratings