cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Adding Answerphone to existing phones

I have 3 BT Graphic 2100 phones.  I would like to add a Freelance XD 8500 Answerphone to the system, perhaps making the 8500 the base unit, is this possible?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Adding Answerphone to existing phones

Yes this would work ok, do you need to make intercom calls between handsets? if not just keep them as seperate units.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

I have tried a few things without success. I hoped to connect the answerphone as the base unit, then get my other two handsets from the BT Graphite set to connect to it, but they don't get picked.  I was hoping to just use one phone socket.  I can get both systems to work using two phone sockets, as each set acts independently, but not what I hoped for.    

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Have you tried registering the graphite phones to the 8500? There is a correct setup procedure in the user guide.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Devon_Dave  I found the instructions on the BT Website and managed to register the Graphite phones to the answerphone base unit.  They don't pick up the Phone Book, and they show 'No Line' all the time, but they do appear to be OK for making and receiving calls

0 Ratings
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Because my handsets didn't register correctly, and kept showing No Line, I changed the Answerphone for a BT4500.  I successfully registered the Graphite handsets, and they show the correct Handset number now.  The only thing that surprised me was that the BT4500 wouldn't connect using my existing telephone cable, but if I use the one supplied it works fine, even though both cables look the same and my original one works with other base units.  I am not sure what I will do if anything happens to the phone cable supplied with the BT4500 if other cables don't work with it.  I always thought that telephone cables were the same, the fittings on the ends are the same.

0 Ratings