Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaddyB
Message 31 of 46

Re: Adding BT Sport to Sky Q Minis

Go to solution

Hi @manuian,

You can order BT Sport 2nd box for your Sky Q mini, using the line Manage your BT Sport on Sky

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
blackie336
Beginner
Message 32 of 46

Go to solution
Doesn't work.

Asks me for a viewing card number. When I put it in it tells me its as same as the active box.

The Sky Mini boxes do not have their own viewing card.

I've spent over 2 hours on the phone on 3 separate occasions and no one has been able to get this resolved for me.

Crazy as I'm trying to give you more money.

The only reason I upgraded to Sky Q was so I could watch the Ashes in bed.
0 Ratings
jay39bee
Beginner
Message 33 of 46

Re: Adding BT Sport to Sky Q Mini

Go to solution

I have had SkY Q installed on Tuesday.  It has BT Sport on it.  I upgraded to BT Sport HD and I have been trying to get Bt Sport on my Sky Q mini box.  I spoke to several BT people on Wedesday morning thinking my order has been placed, but it has not come through.  i have tried again tonight and had great difficuty persuading the BT rep that Q minis to not have separate Sky viewing cards and I was told I need to wait another 48 hours before BT sport could be set up on the Mini.  I am very suspicious of this as the BT rep had little idea of what she was doing.  I have seen the problems other have had with this and wondered if anyone has contact details for a person at BT who knows what they are doing when it comes to Q mini boxes.

0 Ratings
blackie336
Beginner
Message 34 of 46

Go to solution

I got mine sorted on the fourth time of calling.

I rang 0800 679 849 and spoke to Mark in Newcastle. 

He didn't have a clue what to do himself but to his credit he got on to the technical team and did get it sorted for me. Which is more than what the previous 3 agents I spoke to were able to do.

It does cost an additional £6 a month though.

0 Ratings
jay39bee
Beginner
Message 35 of 46

Go to solution

Thanks Blackie365 I will try that and report back.  It is strange that a problem that has been around for over a year has not been solved or that BT staff given additional training to enable them to do this mod.  Is it some sort of childish punishment for using the SKY platform?

0 Ratings
jay39bee
Beginner
Message 36 of 46

Go to solution

Finally on the fourth attempt i got through to someme who knew how to set up BT Sport on my Sky Q Mini Box and after about 15 minutes it was up and running.  Why did I have to spend so much time in the previous three attempts being passed from one person to another without any success?

0 Ratings
trevbrierley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 46

Go to solution

It looks like most (but not all) people have to pay extra to get BT Sport on their mini box.

I'm about to upgrade to Sky Q, and like many others I only use BT Sport on the second box - so I'm not keen on paying extra when BT Sport will only be used in the second location.

Is it a good idea to have the main Sky box located in the second location as you can do everything (set recordings, etc but not watch BT Sport) on the mini box, which will then be in the main (wife's) viewing location?

0 Ratings
Tomnewman88
Beginner
Message 38 of 46

Go to solution
Hi there,
I also got sky q yesterday and have updated my viewing card so I can watch by sport on the main box! But now I can’t seem to get it on the sky q mini box! Is there a moderator who could help me? Many thanks Tom
0 Ratings
trevbrierley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 46

Go to solution

See above - you have to pay extra to get BT Sport on the minis

0 Ratings
buckielugger
Contributor
Message 40 of 46

Go to solution

I have just contacted BT about getting the BT sports I already pay for on to the second Q minibox - they want six quid per month extra to watch what I already pay for -  I declined.  Greedy **bleep**

0 Ratings