Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
majordave
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Adding an existing email address to BT ID

Hi,

From the "Manage email addresses" page I select the relevant address and click on to "Add To BT ID" This opens a page to add a password.

The problem is that the password, (my BT ID password) is always rejected. This password is always accepted for all other BT requirements. I do not have a password for the address I am trying to add to the BT ID.

I have been through the process of changing the password, but with the same rejection result.

What am I getting wrong here?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Regards,

David

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Adding an existing email address to BT ID

Have a read through these links to make sure you have set it up correctly. As far as I can recall you should have been required to add a password when you created it.

If you want to keep control and manage it.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44888/related/1

or if you want to give it to somebody else to manage.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44858

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

@majordave wrote:

Hi,

From the "Manage email addresses" page I select the relevant address and click on to "Add To BT ID" This opens a page to add a password.

The problem is that the password, (my BT ID password) is always rejected. This password is always accepted for all other BT requirements. I do not have a password for the address I am trying to add to the BT ID.

I have been through the process of changing the password, but with the same rejection result.

What am I getting wrong here?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Regards,

David

Hi,

if you are trying to "Add to BTID" then the password you require is for the email and not the BTID.

I would request the mods here for help as if you dont know the current email password, if you go to bt.com/forgotpassword then a new BTID is created rather than adding to your existing one as part of this password reset process. This is quite confusing...I would not tinker anymore and wait for mod assistance as you can get your account in a wierd state.

0 Ratings
majordave
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.
I will follow your advice and see where it takes me.

Regards,

David
0 Ratings
majordave
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

i,

Actually, your reply is quite pertinent. It looks like I am entering a minefield. I will follow your advice on this.

Many thanks,

David

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

The BTID/email password system is a complete and utter shambles, there is no indication of which password is being changed and which is required for various operations. The muppet that dreamed it up and thought it simplified things lives in a parallel universe.

0 Ratings
majordave
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Hmmm ! Like me, you are not happy.

You know your Muppet will not be alone in that parallel Universe, there will be lots of our politicians for him to chat with !!!!!!!!!!!

take care,

David
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 8 of 8

Hi @majordave

Thanks for ypur posts and welcome back!

Sorry you're having problems adding an existing email address to your BTID.  Can you send us over your details and we will help you from here?

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings