Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Adding an extra bt email addy

In the instructions it says

primary account hholder to log into my bt

Click on extras at the bottom

click on BT Mail

Email addresses are listed then click on  ''create new email ''

When I click on BT  Mail it only lists the primary email addy  and not the other two email addys  which were added  and theres no ''create new email button''

Under the primary email addy I have another heading which says

Add bt email to your BT ID is that where I create a new email address or is that where I should add the other 2 email sub accounts to my BT ID

Thanks

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Adding an extra bt email addy

Are you a new BT customer or has your BTYahoo account been migrated to BTMail?

If you are still on BTYahoo you may not see the options to create new mail etc.

If you are on BTMail, when you log onto MyBT and go to Manage BTMail, you should see all the primary email address and any sub-accounts that have been created from that address. You can create 11 email addresses. There should be a button to create new email addresses.

If there is no button and the other addresses are not showing you may have a problem.

You can either create a MyBT for each of the sub accounts or you can link them to your MyBT. If you give them their own MyBT you will be able to manage and access them from there and you will not be able to access them from yor primary email address.

If you link them to your MyBT you can manage and acces them from there and they will show in your primary email account email address drop down box.   

See links for more info

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48771/c/346,6769,7012

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/hub/c/346,6588,6593#h=ImNhdD0zNDZfNjU4OF82NTkxfGNvbD0zIg..

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Yes we've been a bt broadband customer for over 3 years now, always had a bt email addy but believe I was migrated over from bt yahoo over a year ago.

As I said the primary email addy is listed but not the other two  and no theres no ''create an email button ''

So where and how do I create an extra email addy that I need?

I understand that I can add the other two email accounts to my bt but that wont help me create another email addy will it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Use this link to check which email you are on

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Bt mail
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

I don't think there is anything that forum members will be able to do for you as it appears that there may be a migration issue as well as a MyBT issue.

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Thanks for your help.

One of your BT staff David Moon actually sorted out the migration problems for me on the phone and was exremely helpful and patient with me so would be good if he could help me again, he said to contact him if I had any further problems

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Hi Cityangel,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Thanks Paddy I sent you that information yesterday so look forward to hearing from you

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Well after patiently waiting for someone to ring me and sort this out I have this morning received an email from a Chriss Morton sending me the link for adding an extra email addy and telling me I can have up to 11.

If someone had bothered to read this thread and my first post they would have seen that I already had those instructions to add an email addy and it doesnt work for me ( see my first post ‎05-02-2015 20h56 ) 

Step 3 You'll see a list of email addresses. Select Create new email button

My familes 3 email addresses arent listed there, it only shows the primary account and there is no ''create new email button ''

Now if that nice David Moon could ring me as he has done before it would make this old lady very happy?

0 Ratings