cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperFlyGuy99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Adding to Hotspot 500 kit

I currently have a hotspot 500 kit installed, the passthrough is connected to my HH5 and two PCs via hardwire and the wifi extender cover the upstairs by wifi and hardwire.

I need to add another hardwire passthrough into the garage and ideally another wifi extender at the back of the house.

Can i simpley use a Hotspot 600 kit and just plug it in to the wall sockets or would the 600 kit need to be connected by hardwire to the HomeHub.

Ultimately can i use two kits together but with only one connected to the HH5

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Adding to Hotspot 500 kit

You can only connect one extender to the home hub, just add hotspots as required.

0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks but trying to find a pack containing one hardwire passthrough and one hotspot has so far been impossible. 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Not sure exactly what you mean by 'hardwire passthrough'

0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Also, according to a post on Amazon, each unit can either send or recieve so surely both can recieve if just added to an inplace kit.

Ref passthrough, an adaptor that has another socket on it (passthrough) and both hardwire (Ethernet) and wifi (like in the 500 kit).

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Ok, I think we are talking at cross purposes here. You can only have one unit connected to your hub, that will then feed any number of 'slave' units plugged into mains sockets. You can't have 2 separate networks by connecting 2 units to your hub. It doesn't matter if the 'slave' units are providing an Ethernet socket or wifi or both.

0 Ratings