Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Address Not Recognised But Other Neighbours Have Fibre

Hi,

The BT database doesn't recognise my apartment address so apparently I can't get fibre.

A neighbour in the same apartment block has the service and if I look at the wiring / sockets I have BT Openreach.

Can someone from BT please help me resolve this issue so I can buy your service?

Thanks in advance

James
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Address Not Recognised But Other Neighbours Have Fibre

Do you currently have a phone connection?  You will need an active phone line before you can get fibre connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Indeed you do, that's sadly not the problem through. BT sales people can hook up a phone line but not the fibre.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

*though
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Once the line is activated the various databases will update within a week or so, allowing Infinity to be ordered
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

There has already been a previous tenant in the apartment with an operational phone line so that still doesn't explain why the address isn't in the system and why Fibre can't be offered.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

It seems strange that if I order normal broadband and a phone line BT are also asking for an engineer call out to install a line / connect it all up. As mentioned above, the previous tenant already had everything installed and working which would indicate there is an issue with the BT database records. Anyone from BT? Any ideas?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

it would be a problem with openreach database not BT

getting a phone line installed then you can order broadband once active and database updated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings