cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neil758
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Address issues.

Hi I've moved into a different house and ordered Bt fibre last month but it had slightly wrong address. The correct is 1 street name, lane name, town, county, postcode. But that wasn't an option, so i selected 1 lane name, town etc etc. On Google the postcode comes up rite outside my house.

The router arrived ok, the telephone engineer turned up and set the line up, but the broadband engineer didn't.

Phoned BT they said he arrived but nobody was home ( I was ). I asked them to update my address so it didn't happen again. They said they had to cancel order to restart it, they couldn't figure out how the engineer and router arrived with wrong address on system.

Now there saying they can't update the address even though it's registered with Royal mail. Open reach even has the address on there system, saying I can have fast fibre.

I'm confused as what the problem is and when it'll get sorted.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Address issues.

If the address was good enough for all the other things it's good enough for the BB eng. You shouldn't need to change it. Anyway the BB eng doesn't need to attend your home to set up BB; he only needs to go to cab & maybe exchange.

All you really need for an address is house no, street name & postcode. You don't need to fill in all the intervening bits.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 4 of 5

Hi Neil758

Sorry to read of the issues experienced with the address.

Send us in your details using the contact the mods link in my profile and I can have this investigated for you.

Cheers

Stuart

0 Ratings
neil758
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Ok cheers guys just sent a contact the mods, fingures crossed this can get this sorted.
0 Ratings