cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Address not found

Hi all, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here.  I'm moving into a 4 year old flat in Glasgow on the 4th October.  the previous tenant used talk talk and have cancelled their account.  I don't know who is responsible for it but it appears that they have messed up the address on the BT openreach database or deleted it.  

I've been trying to sign up to vodafone or plusnet broadband and every flat in the address is found but mine.  if i enter it manually it says i can only get 2mb.  

I read somewhere that a provider has to raise an ORDI with openrech to get the address issue resolved but plusnet can't do that when i'm not a customer, signing up would run the risk of being stuck with 2mb (all the other flats can get up to 66mb) and it would cost me £50 installation charge for the standard broadband.

Using dslchecker.bt.com gets the below results, you can clearly see something is wrong with my new address compared to the other flats (the bottom one, flat 1/2, 190....).

how the hell do i go about getting this resolved? I haven't signed anything for the flat yet and don't want to get stuck with no decent broadband.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Address not found

All ISPs are the same in that you need to place an order before they will raise ORDI with openreach.  There is no difference on this BT Retail forum

you coulld check broadband status with prospective new neighbours

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

everyone else is fine and the previous tenant had superfast with talk talk

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Then there is no reason that your connection would be any different. You need to select your ISP and then they can raise ORDI with openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

i agree, but even with that knowledge would you risk signing up to an 18 month contract for 2mb? i wouldn't.  i've found a contact for openreach, hoping something can be resolved with the address

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

It's because the line is currently withTalk Talk, the same would happen if the previous tennant was with Sky. Just order a phone line, the checker would update and show full availability.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

interesting, are you saying get the letting agent to check the line and it should fix the issues with the address?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

No, I'm saying order a phone line and it will update, usually the Friday after your phone line is active.

0 Ratings