cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoDavis5
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Administrator email address not recognised by McAfee Family Protection

I installed McAfee Family Protection yesterday using the link from mybt.com. It installed fine, I then logged in as administrator and created user accounts for my children. Still working fine. I then downloaded the software onto a second PC for my children to use, they can login using the accounts I setup but I can no longer login using the administrator email address and password.

When I try to access the administrator screen or to login as the administrator for Family Protection, it returns to the same screen. I have tried clicking on forgotten password and typing in my email address, but I then get a message saying

The email address you entered appears to be invalid or is not in our system. Please verify your spelling and try again.

However, I know this is the correct email address and password.

Interestingly, the administrator email address and password will work to allow me to turn off family protection until the computer is restarted.

How can I get the administrator login working again?

Thanks

Jo

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
natthurley
Message 2 of 3

Re: Administrator email address not recognised by McAfee Family Protection

Hi Jo

I have exactly the same problem...did you ever solve this?

Thanks

Nat

0 Ratings
JoDavis5
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Administrator email address not recognised by McAfee Family Protection

Hi,

No I've not solved the problem. On the main computer, I can turn off the protection each time we restart it. From what others have said, I think the only solution is to reinstall the computer and remove the software that way. Not something I am in a hurry to do.

Jo

0 Ratings