Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miffed100
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Adsl2+ to adsl2?

Go to solution

Hello everybody,

Hopefully this is an easy one for the clever people!

Will my BT home hub 4 sync to ADSL2 of its own accord? or will it have to be told adsl2 only?( simple terms for me) 

My reason is i have a long line and adsl2+ is just too unstable. My billion router can hold the adsl2 no problem, but i have to tell it adsl2 only.

Any stats i think i can now post if required. 

Ive gone to the home hub 4 as there is a problem with the line which need rectifying.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Adsl2+ to adsl2?

Go to solution

the change from adsl2 to 2+ and vice versa is controlled by the DLM and is automatic   there is no switch to go from one to the other just set router on auto

what is your conenction speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Miffed100
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you for the response. I have 1 connection with 54.5dB attenuation, connecting at 5284kb. The 2nd line, a Bt line is 53dB attwnuation but connection is unstable on adsl2+. With the fault it's connecting at
2-3mbps. I'm planning on dumping Bt in favour of wireless. Thanks
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Why are you using the HH4 if you have a Billion where you can select the modulation type?

0 Ratings
Miffed100
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
I rang bt when my billion kept dropping out. They didn't seem to think there was a problem as they couldn't read the stats.
So I plugged the hh4 in so they could see the problems. But now obviously that keeps dropping out. What I don't want is them to say " adsl2+ won't be stable to you. We shall put you on Max." The billion was stable on adsl2 but unstable on 2+.
We shall see. Hh4 blue light today.
Still a noisy line.
I believe it's the cable junction box above my front door. Should I mess with it or leave it to them?
We shall see. Thanks
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

you could always just take the cover of the small junction box and see there is any corrosion which could be causing your noisy line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings