cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
seasider40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 12

Re: Advice on how to leave early with no charge, beat the hikes.

I was informed by BT today that I am only allowed to leave without penalty if the detrrimental price rise is within my contract period. Can anybody find where it says this in the terms and conditions?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 12

Re: Advice on how to leave early with no charge, beat the hikes.

@seasider40 wrote:

I was informed by BT today that I am only allowed to leave without penalty if the detrrimental price rise is within my contract period. Can anybody find where it says this in the terms and conditions?

Hi seasider.

If you are in a contract and the company changes the terms or/and conditions  which is to your material disadvantage then you have the right to end that contract without any penalty.

From BT's T&C  

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...     49-52

Changing the terms (notification)

1. Sometimes, we will need to change the charges or the terms and conditions of a service covered by this agreement. We will publish details of all changes online at www.bt.com.
  2. We will also let you know about a price increase or a change to the terms and conditions that we believe is likely to cause you material disadvantage at least one month before it happens. We will let you know about other price changes and changes to the terms and conditions with your next available bill or by an alternative method if this is simpler.
  3. Sometimes we may need to make changes to our charges or the terms and conditions of a service which are outside of our control – for example to meet legal, regulatory or financial requirements. If we need to make changes for these reasons, we will let you know as soon as we can, but we will not have to meet the timescales detailed in paragraph 50, and you will not be able to end any affected service early without charge.
  4. If we make a change to the price or the terms and conditions of a service which is to your material disadvantage, you will not have to pay a charge if you decide to end that service early, unless the Tariff Guide says otherwise. However, once we have told you about such a change, you must let us know that you want to end that service within 10 days. This agreement will continue to apply to any other services that are not affected by any changes that we make.

If you are not in contract with the company, you can leave at any time after giving the normal notice.

Remember BT say you have 10 days from when they have notified you of any change, they also state that "This agreement will continue to apply to services that are not affected by any changes that they make"

This is

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings