Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Guru
Message 21 of 33

Re: Advice please

Go to solution

@1TonyCurrie wrote:

Roger, I will be outside your house first thing on Friday the 1st feb if not Smiley Sad

A pm will suffice ....  as much as I enjoy the odd visitor...   πŸ™‚

0 Ratings
1TonyCurrie
Contributor
Message 22 of 33

Go to solution
Shall we say 7.30? That's great then, glad we have sorted it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 23 of 33

Go to solution

@1TonyCurrie wrote:

@Bullitt, its not what I normally get, so I dont see what your implying?

i just asked if you have a problem which you think is caused by the low profile?

0 Ratings
1TonyCurrie
Contributor
Message 24 of 33

Go to solution

Its not the service I have had from day 1 - would you be willing to accept that if it was stable for nearly 2 years?

If i bought a car that went upto 80 miles an hour, but I only drive at 50mph, I wouldnt accept that, so why should this be any different?

I appreciate everyones replies, but I can do without the sanctimonious, sarcastic replies, which I see here on a regular basis - usually the same repeat offenders.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 25 of 33

Go to solution

i was asking because if you have a problem their may be another way to solve it as it may not be caused by the low profile
for example i noticed right away when my speed kept falling to below 1 m/bits even though the profile was still at 75
i am glad you dont have any problems

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 26 of 33

Go to solution

My reply about sending me a pm was sincere ....

But I think it was taken otherwise ... which is understandable.

It's often difficult to be really helpful on this forum when it really counts .... simply because garbage posting isn't cleared, negated or deleted.

You have to know who your best advisors are, and whether their advice is credible.  Difficult the way it is set up.

The actual forum "status" of a person means little ... apart from the fact that they post a lot  (rubbish?)

You can count the learned members who do know stuff on here on probably 2 hands, and in my opinion it does need to be overhauled .... for the sake of the people seeking help, and the forum itself.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 27 of 33

Go to solution
a good start would be to ban non-infinity gurus from posting here
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 28 of 33

Go to solution
A better start is in recognising somebody who knows about communications and all levels of DSL .... and not those that have had Infinity for 5 minutes and "think" they know ....
D'you reckon?
QED I think. πŸ˜‰
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 29 of 33

Go to solution
experience is really all that matters
think unmarried marriage guidance councillors or childless child-care experts
long on theory but short on experience
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 30 of 33

Go to solution

Is thirty seven years in Engineering (comms, networks and building management) enough do you think?

Along with an adequate Engineering degree of course .... where did you do yours?

I'm done.

0 Ratings