cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy_lee_40
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

After BT Infinity upgrade, second phone socket no longer works! Any ideas?

Hi

Upgraded from BT Total Broadband to BT Infinity last week.

Engineer was ok but maybe in a rush, appeared to do a quick test of the phone and off he went.

I then found out that the only phone socket working was the new main socket - we have three other sockets in the house, none of them work!

When we were on BT Total Broadband, each socket had an ADSL filter. As there is no power socket in the hallway (where the main socket is), the main phone unit was on a second socket upstairs - that now no longer works, with or without the ADSL filter.

So, I have had to run a power extension cable into the hallway (and I hate cables being 'in view'!!), put the main phone in there, connected to the new main phone socket. Secondary phone in the lounge, no phone upstairs.  

I want the main phone upstairs where it has always been, plugged into the 'secondary' phone socket. It simply does not work - the phone displays 'No Line'?

Any ideas what has gone wrong?

Should any extra phone sockets still work after the BT Infinity upgrade?

Do I need a new type of filter?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: After BT Infinity upgrade, second phone socket no longer works! Any ideas?

With Infinity, I think the Modem has to be connected directly at the master socket into the port at the top centre of the socket.  If you unplug the split half faceplate on the bottom, are there any wires connected to the back of it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Hi

When the engineer did the install he should have set the openreach modem and the HH 3 up as well as running a speed check and show you the results.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Intrepid777
Message 4 of 4

I know this is old but I had this problem. Infinity only works from the new master socket they put in. To use the other house dockets you have to extend from pins 2 and 5 of the new master socket.
0 Ratings