Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idmanager
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

After engineer visit, i am told there is nothing wrong with connection

Go to solution

Hi

for the last month i have had very poor and some times no connection at all, working late hours by the time i get home the call to BT is to the overseas call centre, having done a week of reset the hub, check the speed and i will call you back tomorrow, i have finally got a engineer visit today, and the outcome is nothing is wrong, your expecting to much from the connection, Now for the last 3-4 years i have had a 79,999 / 20,000 connection day and night, but something has gone wrong and i am out of ideas, is it time for a move to another ISP to get this sorted, the connection is still full but there is no thoughtput, this is one of the better speed tests.

Capture2.PNG

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: After engineer visit, i am told there is nothing wrong with connection

Go to solution

Classic symptoms of congestion.

idmanager
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

So, will this get fixed, i got a call back from second line support last night and he said he could not book another engineer as there is no fault, so where do i stand now, is it worth me phoning in the day time to get to uk customer service and see if they can help ?  any ideas, or do i just go to cancellations and find another ISP

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
An engineer can’t resolve this.

It will need addditional backhaul capacity to be provided by BT Wholesale. They will be aware of the problem.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
PaddyB
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @idmanager,

I'll be able to the network side of thing to see if there is any known issue reported for your exchange. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
idmanager
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
sent
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for sending over the details @idmanager.

We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

PaddyB
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @idmanager,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today. I've checked the network side of thing and unfortunately it isn't picking up an known issues at your exchange.

In order for me to chase this with wholesale, please can you run an up to date speed test using the link http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

You'll need to run this test when you notice the slow down. Once the first test completes please can you run the "Further Diagnostics"?

Once you have run that test, please post back the results and I'll follow up with BT wholesale.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
idmanager
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi PaddyB, sorry i missed your call, left my phone in office, but here is a speed test i have just done

thanks

18.57-26.09.17-bt.PNG

0 Ratings
idmanager
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

20.04-26.09.17-bt.PNG

this was done at 20:05 26/09/17

0 Ratings